Boulevard Sesamo

• Vegetarian

Av. Jiminez 4-64 (at Carrera 3, downtown), Bogota, Colombia,

Casual, cafeteria style restaurant offering lunch set menu, mostly is vegetarian versions of typical Colombian food. No egg used. It's near Museo Del Oro. Try the vegan tamales.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Colombian, South American

First Review by kympatterson

Okay for a quick lunch - Edit

The menu has a few marked vegan options. I got a vegan burger with fries and a juice. It was okay but not great. I can't remember the exact price but it was affordable. Staff were sweet.

Bit flavourless, but tamales a winner - Edit

The first time I got the vegan burrito combo for 9.500. Came with a juice that was definitely watered down at least half. They removed the cheese from the burrito for me, but I found it quite bland.
Second time I got the tamale for 4000. Delicious!! I've been craving it since. My Colombian friend said it was smaller than usual tamales, but I enjoyed a lot.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Combo deals mean big servings , Large selection

Cons: Tamales small, Burrito bland

Fast and good food, with vegan options - Edit

[I went there on July 30th, 2015. The opening hours were from Monday to Saturday, from 12:00 to 18:00, and Sunday from 12:00 to 15:00]

I had the Vegan Burger combo (COP 8.900) which was good, although a bit light to my taste. I also ordered the empanada (1.700) but it was a bit disappointing (not bad, but a bit flavourless). I also had 2 oat biscuits (900 each) that were good.

It's a good option for a burger in the neighbourhood and to pick some food-to-go too.

super well located and vegan friendly - Edit

The food here is very good. A lot of choices, and the most part is vegan OR can be made vegan. The staff used to adapt dishes to vegan style. The location is perfect, nothing easier than find them. I had a arabe burger, a vegan paell, a cake and it included a drink. The amount of food are honestly generous. For all of that, it costed to me abou 9$.
The dark side of the good location is that this restaurant is intensely frequented and crowdy during the meal hours... The staff runs everywhere and are constantly in a hurry. This is not a peaceful place.

Pros: cheap, vegan friendly, location

Cons: stressing place, crowded

fake meat place - Edit

I went here to eat lunch but wasnt impressed as they had lots of fake meat so i went to El loto azul everyday which was nicer & very near by. The good thing about boulevard sesamo is that they had food on display so you just picked what you wanted & paid for it but i just didnt like the choices.

Pros: choices, food on display, cheap

Cons: too much fake meat, need less fake meat , need healthier proteins

Good central option - Edit

I had the vegan burger option, which tasted good as far as burgers and chips go. They use a vegan cheese here, and you can buy it and the burgers/ sausages to take away as well.

Note, the map is wrong but the address here is right. This restaurant is very close to Museo del Oro, not further away as indicated on the map.

Pros: central location, good prices

Good, hearty lunches - Edit

Cafeteria style resturant serving lunch only. Offer a good set menu for about $US3 to $4.50, including gluten patties and rice with salad and soup. The food is not the tastiest I have ever had but is decent and definitely good value. The food often sells out early, so you are best going before 2pm. A good vege option in Colombia.

Pros: Good value

Cons: Busy

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boulevard Sesamo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1530 times since Aug 2007.