CLOSED: Wynn Encore Hotel - Botero

702-770-5310

3131 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89109

Serves meat, vegan options available. One of the fine dining restaurants at the Encore with a separate vegan menu as well as a vegan 5 course tasting menu. Named after artist Fernando Botero with his artwork displayed throughout the restaurant. BEWARE: Does offer some extreme cruelty non-veg items on the menu. NOTE: maybe closed/re-named/under new management, please verify and let HappyCow know.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

great service, decent food - Edit

I am having dinner at Botero as I write this review. The service is great! Nothing to complain about. I had a very blah salad followed by an amazing whole wheat spicy pasta ( I know, I know pasta is easy, but trust me on this one). Their only vegan dessert was a delicious, not too swee chocolate tart. So velvety! The soy cappuccino was weak and without body. I enjoyed the experience nonetheless. Cocktails are tasty and creative!

Pros: separate vegan menu, waiters know what vegan means, service

Cons: pricy, not very creative

impeccable service - Edit

We ate at Botero for Christmas dinner. The experience was definitely 5 star. We had called a few days in advance to ask if the vegan tasting menu they had on their website was available on xmas too. It was, so we made a reservation. When we arrived, we were escorted to our table. The restaurant is decorated with the art of Fernando Botero and it has a lovely air of sophistication. Our waiter immediately asked if one or both of us were vegan. Apparently, mentioning it when we called was enough for them to write it down. We said both, ordering the 5 course vegan tasting menu. A couple of minutes later we were delivered a bread basket with vegan butter. We were immediately impressed with Botero.

As for the tasting menu, the portion sizes are not large, so it didn't bother us that we were each served the same dish. We started with the white bean & fregola soup which was lovely. Next came the piquillo pepper “ravioli” with a delightfully crunchy outside and delicious sauce. Organic whole wheat pappardelle was the following entrée and it was good. The main course was a kale crusted tofu loin. It was beautifully presented and fantastic except the middle of the tofu was a bit soft for anyone that doesn't care for that consistency. Their regular vegan menu listed two desserts, so we asked if we could try one of each rather than both having the same one. The tasting menu came with the organic caramel apple tarte tatin which was nice, but we are glad we asked for the chocolate cream pie as it was just heavenly!

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend it. The service was impeccable throughout the evening. We also enjoyed some lovely cocktails. We plan on coming back and ordering directly off the regular vegan menu.

Pros: separate vegan menu, impeccable service, nice atmosphere

Cons: serves meat and dairy

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Wynn Encore Hotel - Botero closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.