Bloom Cafe

Contact 323-934-6900

5544 Pico Blvd (at La Brea Blvd), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90019

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual cafe with aim to provide "eclectic healthy food." Offers labeled vegan dishes, including a breakfast tofu scramble, vegan wrap, 3-grain burger, vegetarian curry bowl, and a few salads. Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by ellumine

DELICIOUS! LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT VISIT! - Edit

Delicious, clean and healthy foods in a casual environment.

A perfect summer soup of the day: gazpacho! I got a "cup" ($5) that was a generous portion served in a bowl. Full of flavor and nice texture of minced cucumber and red bell peppers in the purée of tomato-cucumber-herb cold soup.

Really enjoyed my vegan wrap ($10 or $11) Lentils in a wrap--what a brilliant idea! Fresh avocado,arugula, other raw veggies and garlic and a light dressing of some sort. I am not vegan, so I also added smears of the house made "aioli" (egg base with tons of fresh herbs and def not your typical gross mayo mixed with herb or garlic. Really good!). The aioli was served alongside my husband's burger. But I'm sure a side could be easily added.

My husband said his burger ($11)was great.
I loved chowing down on his savory side of summer veggies (+$2) that were far from the typical boring steamed veggies so many places serve. These were full of flavor and wonderful assortment: snap peas, wax beans, sweet carrots, zucchini, spinach.

We indulged with a piece of their house made lemon tart ($5) and house made chocolate walnut tart ($5). Lemon full of fresh zest and not too saccharine. That choco tart was outstanding!! Creamy chocolate on a layer of chocolate chunk pieces (not too big) and minced nuts. Both crusts were flaky and delicious!! They also have a nice selection of gluten free desserts.

Will def be back!
Several vegan and veggie options

Pros: Friendly, attentive service , Best bathroom sign I've seen yet!, Fresh juice bar!

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bloom Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 768 times since Apr 2014.