BLOCK 16

• Veg-friendly
Contact 402-342-1220

1611 Farnam St (at downtown), Omaha, Nebraska, USA, 68102

Serves meat, vegan options available. While NYCG stands for New York Chicken and Gyro and may be off-putting, this place offers street food inspired lunches that includes vegan sandwiches, a monthly vegan special, vegan philly, vegan schnitzel, salads, housemade seitan, vegan slaw, hummus, fries and onion rings fries (separate fryer from meat). Has vegan cheese and mayo. Previously named NYCG.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by caterpillar

Bad service/mediocre food - Edit

Guy who took our order was short with is and clearly annoyed we asked any questions about the vegan menu (which is incorporated to the main menu on the board and and hard to navigate).

I got the house salad. It was boring and something I could have made at home, with the lights off. The Setain was burnt.

My man ordered the peanut butter burger and liked it but liked the fries better.

All in all, this place would be ok if it was the only place in town. However, it's not and we won't be back.

Service and food excellent - Edit

Last night my hubby and I were passing through Omaha, Block 16 came up vegetarian friendly so we popped in. I am not only vegetarian but need to follow a GF diet. Although their menu does not cater to GF vegetarians their staff do. They were willing to jump through many hoops to accommodate me and did so with a smile. In the end my made up dish was delicious and my husband's made like it's supposed to be sandwhich was fantastic- I'd go back based on the integrity and kindness of their staff!

Pros: Friendly staff, Decent selection of beer at sandwhich sh, Good food

Plenty of Options - Edit

This is a great place for lunches with coworkers! I went with a guy who loves fried chicken, which he had, while I had the vegan philly, which was excellent. The philly was seitan, peppers, mushrooms and vegan cheese. Much of the menu items were available as vegan, of course not the fried chicken.

Pros: Variety, Taste

Cons: Small Location, Lunch Hours only

So good. - Edit

TRY THE VEGAN PHILLY! I swear this has to be the best sandwich I've ever had....and surely the best you can find in Omaha. Also try their vegan gyro...so delicious! Their monthly vegan specials are always unique and super tasty as well.

Pros: juicy vegan meats, very filling

Cons: only open til about 5:30, closed mondays

Return to Omaha Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BLOCK 16 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3380 times since Sep 2011.