CLOSED: Bearded Lady Food Company

Contact 360-943-6235

412 Franklin SE (at 5th Ave), Olympia, Washington, USA, 98501

Serves meat, vegan options available. Wholesale and retail bakery/restaurant with a focus on vegan and gluten-free baked goods and meals. Confirmed closed, Jan 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Bakery, Brunch, Non-veg

First Review by CynthiaOly

Best Birthday Cake - Edit

Were going to be at my Moms house in Olympia for my husband's birthday so I ordered from the Bearded Lady. I got 1/8 sheet red velvet w/ spiced vanilla topping and writing on the top for $25. It was so good!!! Not to heavy but was substantial! All of it was vegan though I did not do gluten free but they have that option. Best red velvet I've had and great icing too! When my birthday comes around we will be getting another cake from here!!! This time we'll probably make it 1/4 it is so good! You order cakes and cupcakes through email and pick up 3 days or more after ordering. They are very friendly at the bakery too.

Pros: YUM, Price

We love Bearded Lady! - Edit

This is a great little place with lots of vegan options. Even their Sunday breakfast has a couple of vegan choices. The desserts are wonderful, especially their plated desserts. Moderate prices, but they sometimes have a day-old selection which is quite tasty and cheap. Try an ice cream sunday - it's devine. Arty decor, a bottle of water delivered to your table right away. Friendly service. Currently only open Fri-Sat-Sun in the winter.

Pros: Lots of vegan desserts, Nice vibe

Cons: Limited hours

Homey, delicious and delightful! - Edit

Bearded Lady has the BEST vegan desserts, for special order, take-out or eat-in. And these do not taste "healthy" or "vegan," as my non-vegan friends have confirmed. I can't get through the week without my minimum of two giant cupcakes. For those who love a little heat with their sweet, the Mexican chocolate cake is the best!

They now also offer brunch on the weekends. They have lots of vegan choices, but do offer meat items as well. Works out well for non-veg friends.

The ladies who run the place are always welcoming and warm. A great neighborhood spot that only adds to Olympia's downtown charm.

Pros: Excellent food, Warm atmosphere, Super cheap

Return to Olympia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bearded Lady Food Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1549 times since Jan 2013.