Le Voyeur

• Veg-friendly
Contact 360-943-7029

404 Fourth Ave, Olympia, Washington, USA, 98501

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tempeh avocado melt, tempeh reuben, sandwiches, soups; some others items can be made vegan upon request. Full bar in the back. Popular among college students. Non-smoking establishment. Live music some nights. Local art exhibits on the walls.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by

We wish we lived closer - Edit

this place is a little bit rock and roll and would be one of joint regular stops if we lived closer. Everything on the menu can be made vegan and we loved what we had - the noodle salad and the sloppy joe. Our toddler loved the fried tofu and we also had a great chat with the chef.

Check it out. You'll like it.

Downtown atmosphere with good food - Edit

This is a great place to eat. It has become our adult escape when the kids are doing their own thing, although I will say the kids enjoyed it every time. The food is always excellent, served quickly and made to order. Service is great, prices are consistent for vegan food. The restaurant has the hipster/evergreen decor which keeps day time dinners to a minimum which makes it very romantic for us. For the longest time we thought it was 100% vegan so it caught us a little off guard to see meat on the menu. Needless to say this will continue to be our date day/night staple.

Pros: excellent food, good prices, street side parking

Cons: serves meat need to specify vegan

Cool place - Edit

I took my Mom and Husband here on a Saturday evening - next time I will choose sometime during the day. It is really more of a bar and the service isn't great in the evening/night. I got the tofu caribbean jerk w/ fries. Very good! The tofu had been marinated (it tasted like) and was amazingly flavorful and moist! My husband got the stuffed avocado which was rather expensive but very good as well.

Pros: Different menu, atmosphere

Cons: bad service at night, loud (at night), a little pricy

I Will Not Be Returning - Edit

Probably the only positive thing I can say is they had good French Fries and pickles. The service was abysmal, I never received my tab (everyone else at my table did though) and food was excessively greasy.

Good and Bad - Edit

The food is pretty good and I would go back just for a salad and some of the yummy poppy seed dressing but pretty shaky on cleanliness that is for sure. I had the Reuben which was okay. My boyfriend got the avocado melt which was much better but I could also do better at home. We had good service but we were also the only people there.

Pros: Good Salad Dressing

Cons: dumpy interior

Great vegan options! - Edit

Great vegan selection, bar in the back. Service can be pretty iffy sometimes, but worth it for the food. Definitely worth a visit if you're in Olympia!

Pros: great food, many vegan options, good value

Cons: not all vegan, service varies

Beer and vegan food. - Edit

As a bar desination, this place is pretty good. I've only been a couple of times, so I am no expert on this place but if you are hanging out in Oly and want some vegan food to go with the booze and whatnot, then you can do a lot worse. The fries are pretty good, the beer sellection is from all over the world and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is laid back and Oly hippy and perfect for a guy like me. Good location if you are wandering the streets and want to crash for a few and as there are no real vegan restaruants in down town, this place does the trick.

Pros: good vegan foods, good beer list, laid back, chill.

Cons: serving of the meat, simple, not really clean

Good stuff - Edit

Heading north on the I5, my wife, daughter and I used the VegOut app to find this place. An easy distance from the highway, and the food was fantastic. Avocado tempeh melt and Tempeh fajitas - yummy :)

Oly destination - Edit

We have been to this place a number of times when shopping at the co-op or other places. My husband is picky , but has had the best club sandwich and garlic fries there. He is not vegetarian, but I needed to find options and I have tried most of the vegan menu and my favorites are the noodle salad, sans tofu, and the super salad. The one guy that usually cooks does a good job like he cares, but the service can be too slow. Almost every time has been a good experience. The atmosphere is interesting. The fries portions have shrunk in half-husband not happy. Pricing okay.

Pros: vegan options, housemade dressings, location

Cons: lack of cleanliness, chilly sometimes, restrooms

Good, Not Great - Edit

I really liked that Le Voyeur has good vegan options and is open late. I didn't care for how noisy it was or the price I paid relative to the quality & quantity of the food I ate.

All in all, it's not high on my list but I would visit again.

Pros: Good Vegan options, Open Late, Central Location

Cons: Noisy , Not inexpensive, Quality could be better

best vegan sandwiches - Edit

I love Le Voyeur and go there every time I am in Olympia. I have even gone out of my way to eat there while on the way back from road trips further south (I live in Seattle). I have a hard time deciding which delicious sounding sandwich to order when I look at the menu and have ordered two sandwiches and shared with a friend just to make the decision easier most times I've been there. The southwest best is probably my favorite though. Sure the food takes a while, but what can you expect from a small kitchen with made to order food? I'd much rather have my food made fresh and have to wait a bit than eat something that's been sitting around or frozen and quickly reheated for me. Besides, the restaurant has a great atmosphere, so it's nice to enjoy a coffee, glass of wine, or beer before dinner too.

Pros: supreme sandwiches, yummy fries, great value

One of my all time faves - Edit

I go to Le Voyeur probably on a weekly basis. I like the seating in the bar best, and you can also order food there. I noticed a lot of complaints about the service & staff, but in my experience if you are friendly and nice to them, they will take care of you. It's just one of those places not interested in the resteraunt game of suck up to the customers to get a tip. There have been times when I waited longer than I'd like to, but in some ways thats nice too - you know yr not getting frozen fast food.

I love the fries, but usually order a salad for my side. The poppyseed dressing is delicious! My favorite sandwiches are the spicy cajun tofu, the southwest best with tempeh and yes, the avacado melt. The only thing I would avoid is the spicy crispy. I like spicy (as you can see) and it is the only thing there that is TOO spicy!

The bartenders are all good too - you know you'll get a strong drink when you order at Le Voyeur and they get creative with the specials.

I love Le Voyeur. Forget all the haters! This place is amazing.

Pros: Good Food, Atmosphere, Good Drinks

Cons: ok, Dirty, I'll give you that.

Cool little spot - Edit

I went here with a birthday party in January of 2007. We had a group of 10-12 people and the service was slow. However, I really enjoyed my food and I appreciated the options for people who had dietary preferences (me=vegan, one girl didn't want the sauce listed, asked for a different one). The salad and dressing was really tasty. Good prices, too.
If you are a yuppy conservative you aren't going to feel comfortable at Le Voyeur. And that's okay, just know before you go.

Pros: Good greasy spoon/hippy whole foods, prices, flexible choices

Cons: slow service, a little grungy, in a nice way

Totally Disgusted - Edit

I also found this restaraunt to be absolutely filthy. If more people ate there during daylight hours so they could see how disgusting the kitchen is, they would never go back. Why hasn't the Health Department shut them down, I wonder?

Equally upsetting, is the horrific service. I came in with a party of four at lunchtime on Saturday, May 10. Our service was adequate at first, but rapidly deteriorated. Three people in my party ordered salads, and I ordered an omelet. After about twenty minutes, the waitress brings out the three salads and leaves. Ten minutes pass, and she still hasn't come back with my omelet, or an explanation. So I find her and ask about the status of my food. The answer she gives is that because my food is cooked, it takes longer. Is it just me, or would you wait until everyone's food is ready before you bring it to the table. I said that I would have appreciated receiving my food at the same time, so that my family could eat together. I am told that the grill is only so big, so I will have to wait. Obviously, I am surprised by the response. The cook then tells me that he's been doing things this way for eight years and will not be changing anything now. He didn't even ask what I had ordered, and they did not offer an apology for the "mistake". I returned to my table, obviously upset. Afew minutes later, the waitress comes by to ask how everything is. It was so ridiculous I almost laughed out loud. Why on earth would she bother asking, when they clearly don't care on bit about customer service?

My lunch at Le Voyeur was by far the WORST experience I've ever had at a restaurant between the obvious filth and the horrendous service. I will not be going back, and I would urge you to do the same.

Pros: Unfortunately, there were none

Cons: Very unclean, Poor service

Great tasty Food..... - Edit

I really liked the feel of this place, a great selection of beers (i've tried a few) and the food has been spot on every time (really tasty). Also got to see a really great show in the night time, will go back for sure...

Pros: tasty food, cheap, relaxed

what a spot - Edit

this place is kind of crazy. its like a hipster music venue with a kitchen in the front with amazing "dual kitchen" food (they offer both "reg" and "veg" options) i tried the avocado melt because of the rave reviews, and it was very stellar. the fries were good. the cookies were decent, but kind of on the dry side. good service, and very fair pricing. this would be my local spot if i lived in this city. and will return next time i am around.

Pros: atmosphere, food, price

Cons: cookies were kinda dry

Yum! - Edit

I miss this place. I've been away from Oly for over 2 years now, but I still have cravings for a vegan avocado melt. Mmmmm.... Yes, the atmosphere is "eclectic," but that's the point. This is a studenty place with the resulting atmosphere. I suppose it can seem pretentious toa first timer, but after that you'll find the service is friendly, although things can take a while when it gets busy. The soups were always delicious, the salads tasty, the sandwiches just what I needed, with a tasty beer special (is it still $2?) to wash it down with, all within my student budget. Will definitely be back when I have the chance.

Pros: Yummy food, Good value, Fun atmosphere

Cons: Can be a bit long

Great food if you're willing to wait - Edit

The food at Le Voyeur is usuallly great, though you often have to wait longer that you would like to. Also, avoid looking into the kitchen and using the bathroom... the need some cleaning. Most of their dishes can be made vegan :) The atmosphere is very chill, window seats are great for people watching!

Pros: yummy food, friendly staff, fun atmosphere

Cons: scary bathroom, scary kitchen

Le Voyeur - Edit

Either fabulous or horrible...the food is, that is. The service is usually pretty pretentious. It does have a large number of veggie/vegan options and on the right day the food can be really, really good. But the sloppy/hip atmosphere and air of uncleanliness can be bothersome.

Pros: sometimes great food

Cons: service, atmosphere, bathrooms

Return to Olympia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Voyeur closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3014 times since Aug 2007.