First Review by gr8fulvegan

Skip this, get treats nearby instead - Edit

Full of inconsistently labeled maybe-vegan, mostly-paleo/gluten-free (GF) non-treats (some clearly say vegan, with no ingredients, others list ingredients which are vegan, but are not labeled as such).

I had a vegan/paleo/GF goji berry muffin and it was extraordinarily dry and tasted disgusting (possibly some non-vegan ingredient). When I tried to clear my mouth with their water, it was undrinkable mouthwash (clearly they used mint essential oil [concentrate] instead of actual mint leaves for their "infused" water).

My sister got a paleo/vegan chocolate cupcake which she didn't like either. My cousin got a raw vegan/paleo pumpkin pie which she did like, though (& she is mostly gluten-free) & looked better than my muffin..

They need to separate their vegan and paleo/GF options and have at least 1 non-GF vegan cupcake option. They had maybe 4 non-GF cupcakes, none of which were vegan, but many more GF options.

This cupcakery is very close to both Laughing Planet and Great Full Gardens, both of which have superior vegan baked goods (cookies), so you're probably better off going there instead, unless you require gluten-free.

Since my cousin liked hers and my sister said they've had delicious non-GF vegan cupcakes in the past (as per the 2016 review), I'm giving it a 2 star (instead of 1).

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-27

Cons: disgusting/overly-dry GF & vegan baked goods, no wheat-based vegan options (when I was in)

Hit and miss - Edit

Some days I come in and they have multiple vegan options, they're all fresh, staff is friendly. But more often than not, the cupcakes are hard or stale or dry, there's only 1-2 flavors left and only 1 cupcake of each flavor, and staff is unhelpful, not knowledgeable, and not friendly or inviting. And the cupcakes are way overpriced for the quality that they are

Pros: Vegan, paleo, and gluten free options

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Limited options, overpriced

Only one option but delicious! - Edit

When I went in nothing was labeled vegan but when I asked they did have one vegan cupcake for the day and it was red velvet. it was GREAT! Never would of guessed it was vegan!

Pros: not expensive

Cons: only one vegan option

Vegan cupcakes! - Edit

My Mom got an assortment of vegan cupcakes for me for my birthday. All were chocolate cupcakes with an assortment of different flavored frosting...lemon, mint, peanut butter, coffee, and vanilla. I don't eat a lot of sugar, so for me the frosting was major sugar overload, but they were delicious. Even non-vegan family members loved them and commented that they wouldn't have known they were vegan.

Return to Reno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Batch Cupcakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.