Baotong Temple Vegetarian

• Vegetarian

289 Wuluo Road, Wuchang District (near Baotong Temple), Wuhan, China,

Large restaurant located next to exit C2 of Baotong temple metro station. Menu in Chinese only, no English spoken, no pictures. Chinese name is 宝通寺素菜馆, address in Chinese: 武昌区武昌武珞路289号(近宝通禅寺).

Category: Chinese, Buddhist

First Review by watermeloun

Don't bother if you don't speak Mandarin - Edit

The workers here were really unfriendly, bordering on hostile. I think it was because I don't speak Chinese. I know it's imperialist to expect all the waiters in the world to speak English and be servile, and so I don't expect it, and I try to be humble when I attempt to communicate. But at this place they wouldn't even return my smile. There's a certain brusqueness to service people in China which I respect. But these people took it to another level. And it's also fine to refuse to serve someone (especially annoying tourists!), but it can be done politely or rudely. They did it very rudely. And when I returned to try again (this time with a Chinese friend) they had closed-up early. So we went elsewhere (without trying the food) and I recommend you do the same.

Cons: Unfriendly workers

Buddhist vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Chinese buddhist vegetarian restaurant.
The resturant is located just at the exit of the buddhist temple on Wuluo Lu.
The food is chinese and vegetarian. You can eat during the whole day and take out some snacks.

The dumplings are very nice.

But the staff is not very welcoming especially if you're not in the "busy" hours

Pros: well located, large portions

Cons: a bit gloomy

Return to Wuhan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baotong Temple Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 932 times since Aug 2009.