Balti House

Contact 0115-9472871

35-37 Heathcoat St, Hockley, Nottingham, England, NG1 3AG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Separate vegan section of main menu which has about 10 main courses. Also good choice of starters and side dishes. With advance notice they can also provide desserts. Friendly staff who has good knowledge of vegan requirements. Located in Hockley, a trendy area of the city.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Invisibabe

Super vegan food! - Edit

We had a super meal here. Lots of choice for veggies and vegans with a separate section on the menu. Lots of delicious foods for a really reasonable price. Yummy veggie samosa, chutneys, chapattis and curry! All the staff were really friendly and helpful.
They also do an Indian film and food night on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Would definitely recommend.

Pros: Very reasonably priced, Delicious food, Lots of veggie and vegan options

Separate vegan menu :) - Edit

I'm surprised at the one star review as when I visited they had a separate vegan menu with quite a few options. Staff are also willing to change dishes to suit and were knowledgable about ingredients. All cooked fresh and very tasty.

Pros: separate vegan menu, friendly staff

Very Tasty Curries And Friendly Service - Edit

We visited the Balti House on Sunday night, purely down to the fact that they have a seperate vegan menu.

The menu isn't actually on their website, but trust me, it does exist!

Interestingly, the menu is also translated into various other languages.

We had a chick pea starter, which was great. I can't remember the mains now, and without the menu I can't say what we had, but one was mild and one medium, and both were excellent.

I've really struggled to find vegan curries, so I can't recommend this place enough.

The prices seemed very reasonable too and the service was very friendly.

The only negative was that the mens bathroom wasn't as clean as it could have been, but don't let that put you off as we'd definitely go back next time we're in Nottingham.

Pros: Quality of food, Friendly service, Price

Cons: Mens bathroom not that clean

Return to Nottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Balti House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.