Ballarat Wholefoods Cafe

03-53311573

413 Sturt St, Ballarat, Victoria

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and health food shop, est 2016. Large menu of gluten-free food and drinks. Marks the vegan dishes (others may be requested vegan - ask). Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Gluten-free, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by Lopan

Service? - Edit

We wandered in here for a quick coffee. The staff were not very friendly. No hello, no smile.. We looked at the display cabinet. There are a few vegan options on display that looked nice. We looked at the take home products thinking we'll grab a few things before we headed off. Stood at the counter waiting for service.
Read the other reviews on here while we waited for some service.
Still no service, despite two of them standing there chatting. Decided to leave. So I can't comment on the food. Except that the menu looked a bit limited and it wasn't cheap.

Ok place in Ballarat - Edit

Menu has several options which can be made vegan (marked) there was also a selection of cakes and slices which were vegan (marked). I had the quinoa and chickpea patties on a bed of salad, I was expecting a more crispy patties but they were very soft, not the most pleasant texture but they did taste good. The cheesecake was good.

Pros: Vegan items marked, Soy and almond milk available, staff knowledgable about veganism

Cons: price quite high for what you get

OK not Good - Edit

We went for breakfast yesterday. Portions are tiny, unusually tiny for a big breakfast they was $19.
Staff are not friendly. I asked for a water after spending over $50 on this poor breakfast and was told to go get it yourself.

Return to Ballarat Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ballarat Wholefoods Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.