CLOSED: Atzavara

Contact 0034934545925

Muntaner 109 (at Mallorca), Barcelona, Spain, 08036

Offers a vegetarian and macrobiotic menu. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Macrobiotic, Take-out

First Review by happyvegetarian

Very macrobiotic - good for you - Edit

We went there for late lunch - lucky us to get a table. Lunch is a set three courses meal. The size is just right - we had ravioli/soup followed by tasty brown rice/tofu burger and finished off with dessert of your choice. The portion is just right not too much and by the end of the meal, we feel we were really nourished. We went back again the next day during peak lunch hour so we didn't get a table.
I think this is one of the best vegetarian/macrobiotic meal in Barcelona.
Definitely worth a try.

Pros: Well balance meal, Right portion, Healthy and nourishing

Didn't live up to our expectations - Edit

I was very curious about this place since they advertise their creative cuisine and their experienced chef. I went there together with my partner and a friend. I had made a reservation in advance (which was confirmed) but they knew nothing about it. They seated us close to the bathrooms and there was a quite strong smell of cleaning agents.

Several items on the menu were not available. Everything seemed a little disorganized.

There was a promotion that day and they asked us for a voucher which we didn't have (since we knew nothing of the promotion) but they gave us a complementary aperitif anyway. That was nice.

We ordered salads and as main dish I had a vegan Paella. My partner and friend both had a dish with banana. We thought it would be with plantain, thus a savory dish, but in fact it was with sweet banana.

I liked both my salad and the Paella very much, though I have eaten better vegan Paella before. My partner and friend were not completely satisfied with their main dish. It was creative, true, but not in a way that would make them go there again.

A must vegetarian and macrobiotic restaurant - Edit

For me one of the best vegetarian and macrobiotic restaurants in Barcelona. I'm mostly vegetarian, and the slogan "A restaurant where it's very easy to be vegetarian" is totally true. The food was all very fresh and well presented, really creative cuisine. Don't miss it, it's a must!

Pros: Healthy cuisine, friendly staff, Excellent chef

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Atzavara closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 151 times since Nov 2011.