Art Cafe

• Vegetarian
Contact 07947-733453

Manor Farm Barns (at Glandford), Holt, England, NR25 7JP

North Norfolk's art gallery and vegetarian cafe. Serves wide ranging styles of vegetarian food with gluten free options, plus coffee and tea. Vegans to specify. Runs an "Art Cafe Bistro" on the first Friday of month from 7pm with reservation required.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, British, English

First Review by faerycake

Great Vegan and Vegetarian Food! - Edit

Stopped here for lunch with my mum today as we were near Holt. Lovely little cafe with a shop selling the coffee and local artists work. Nice atmosphere and cool interior. It had amazing vegan options for me, all clearly labelled with a V. They even had some fresh vegan brownies! Also very nice to see lots of GF options and cakes, since my boyfriend is coeliac. I'll definitely be taking him here. My non-veg mum very much enjoyed her food too. Menu changes daily. I had the soup of the day, which was sweet potato and coconut, with fresh bread. My mum had the slow roasted onion salad. Lovely selection of salads, tarts, curries, and sweets. Friendly staff. Competitive prices, especially for the area. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: Lots of Vegan Options, Yummy Fresh Healthy Local Food, Nice Art Shop

breakfast not full English vegan was a only half! - Edit

Interesting little cafe. All home made food. Great capoccino coffee with soya. I was very excited about a vegan full English bfast but vegan option was removing the veggie sausage and eggs and adding half a slice of bread. Disappointing to advertise vegan when there was no offer of any substitute so it was only beans, a grilled half tom, mushrooms and toast. Food nicely cooked but expensive. Also ate lunch there as only local cafe. Lunch expensive and some vegan options were the meal with items removed, no alternatives.

Pros: fresh food nicely cooked.

Cons: vegan options are often removing items. expensive.

Great vegggie cafe with good vegan main courses. - Edit

Lovely little cafe within a delightful, arty, gift shop. A daily menu of light snacks and full lunches with lots of choice for vegans in the main course (all labelled). I had a really tasty courgette curry which came with a gorgeous,spicy, homemade,carrot chutney, it was a good size portion too and a reasonable price. Dessert choice was limited to one, a coffee and walnut cake, but it was one of the nicest cakes I have eaten in a long time. I think they do need widen their vegan friendly cake range though.
The cafe has a good choice of drinks, both soft and alcoholic, including some lovely local pressed juices and a great choice of coffee also locally roasted.
Service is friendly but was a little slow, maybe it was the Saturday staff working on the day we went?
Toilets are a few doors up in another building,which might be a pain in poor weather.

Pros: Great vegan mains, Local produce, Friendly

Cons: One one vegan cake, Service can be slow

nice to find veggie place in north norfolk! - Edit

I'm vegan and live in Nottingham, where there are lots of veggie options - but I sometimes struggle a bit when coming to visit my Mum (who lives in Holt). She suggested coming here, and we didn't even realise it was veggie, so it was a really nice surprise to go somewhere where people didn't bat an eyelid when I asked if the food was vegan! The food was really nice and fresh, with some good salads.

The staff were really friendly and the overall atmosphere was nice too - will definitely go again on our next visit!

Pros: fresh food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Return to Holt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Art Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1074 times since Mar 2012.