Arlo's at Cheerup Charlie's - Food Truck

• Vegan
Contact 323-359-5689

900 Red River St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78701

This vegan food trailer resumed operations and moved to this location Cheer Up Charlie's after a change of ownership in early-2014. Continues to serve vegan food: tacos, burgers, and fries. 21 and over.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by ColonelSeitan

Hands Down the Best Vegan Burger I've Ever Had - Edit

The Bacon Cheese Burger is a must for anyone, especially vegans who struggle to find a decent veggie burger. I've had veggie burgers around Austin that I've enjoyed but they were all so obviously a veggie burger. If you're ever in the mood to pig out, get the Bacon Cheese Burger and the Chili Cheese Fries (I got mine over sweet potato fries). I went there twice within two weeks because it is just so delicious. If you're in Austin and you're hungry for some vegan fast food, go to Arlo's, you will definitely go again.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value

Cons: Hidden

Best vegan burger I've had in 7 years - Edit

This is hands down the best vegan burger I've had in my 7 vegan years. You will see angels. Bacon cheeseburger and tots. Get a drink at CUC, you're good to go. Love this place.

Pros: Best. Vegan. Burger., Bacon cheeseburger, Tots

Cons: Not in my mouth right now, So far away from my couch

Bacon. Cheez. Burger. - Edit

The best burger and fries! They have 3 locations, 2 are stand alone food trucks. So I assume the reviewer below is referring to the Caesar Chavez location... Arlo's is a vegan staple and hopefully will have a brick and mortar in the future.

Oh My- So Good! - Edit

Had the "bacon" "cheese" burger here... and oh man was it good! The food truck is located in the patio area of a bar. So environment is relaxed and you can grab a drink to go with your burger and fries. This was easily the best burger I've ever had.

Pros: Yummy

Cons: Hard to find parking

My favorite place in Austin - Edit

I absolutely love this place. Me and my boyfriend come here all the time and the burgers are to die for. I have no idea how they make them taste so real but it's just phenomenal! Definitely worth a visit and great for a lunch quickie.

Awesome vegan fast food any time of the day! - Edit

We both ordered a bacon cheese burger with tots and I also got a sweet tea. Bacon cheese burgers were amazing - the patties are home made and they are so good - really reminds you of a McDonald's cheese burger. Tots were also really good and a nice big can of sweet tea is perfect in the heat. Would be good if they had other drink options - the options are pretty limited.

Pros: Great fast food, Open late, All vegan

Cons: Limited drink options

Best Veggie Burger in Austin - Edit

My husband and I drove over an hour to try out Arlo's veggie burger. We ordered the bac'n cheeze burger and it was heavenly. Everything from the bun to the burger was flavorful. The char-grill taste was the best. The french fries and tater tots are a prefect side dish to the burger. Make sure to go with an appetite because the portion size is big. The drive was definitely worth it and we look forward to our next visit.

Pros: Great Burger/Food, Simple & Easy Menu, Great Location

Great tacos - Edit

Had the chick'n tacos which was delicious with the perfect amount of spice. Also had the street taco which was similar but more of a hamburger taco. Get the chick'n taco! Skip the fries, unless they have tatter tots.

great seitan burger - Edit

After searching for Arlos for awhile, we finally found the new location! So glad! The seitan fakin bacon burger was delicious. I encourage you to have your non veg friends try it to see if they can tell the difference. :) I want to try the seitan Chik sandwich next time.
I took off one point just because I am unsure if they use organic ingredients.

Pros: delicious vegan goodness

Cons: limited seating, unsure if food is organic

Delicious - Edit

I'll get this out of the way first: the tater tots were ok. Not bad, but if I go again I won't feel like I need to have them. You do get a fairly large order though so you can probably split one order between two people.

I ordered the Chipotle Chik'n sandwich. It was EXQUISITE. The chik'n patty was tender and delicious, the toppings were good- if I'm ever in town and make it back to this food truck I might ask for some extra jalapeño- and the bun was toasted on their grill with margarine. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. My husband ordered the street tacos, and really enjoyed them. If you're really sensitive to spicy foods, you might want to pick a different item.

Pros: tasty, authentic

Cons: oily but good

Orgasmic Vegan Burger - Edit

Hands-down the best place to get a vegan cheese burger in the WORLD. I'm not kidding. If you are in Austin you must try the bacon cheeseburger. The tacos are excellent to as well as the BBQ burger. Just do it. Bring an empty belly. And if you need fries the truck park next door has sweet potato fries!!

Wow. Just, wow. - Edit

I have been meaning to try Arlo's for ages. Unfortunately, it's not on the side of town where I live, and their hours don't mesh that well with my schedule. Last week the planets finally aligned and I had a chance to try it. I wish I had done so much sooner! I had the bacon cheeseburger and I loved it! If you are looking for "late night vegan bar food" then you have found it. I love thinking about all the non-vegans that love Arlo's and probably don't even know it's vegan...

Simply awesome vegan food - Edit

This place is great. The veggie burgers are homemade and have great texture and flavor. I believe the chik'n is also homemade, and that's great as well. I highly recommend the bacon cheezeburger or the chipotle burger. It's so great to find a place that serves hot, fresh, and flavorful vegan comfort food. The people who work here obviously put a great deal of love and care into their food. They have truly unique and delicious offerings!

Pros: unique, delicious

Great, tasty vegan options! - Edit

Arlo's is a new trailer on Austin's east side, and they're open in the evenings until late, situated behind some East 6th St. bars.

The bacon cheeseburger definitely seems homemade from scratch, and is super tasty. Definitely hits the spot. You can get chips and guac as a side or "chik'un" tacos, but it would be nice if there were fries or something similar to go along with your burger.

Our chipotle chik'un burger was ok, the chik'un seemed a bit dry though and not particularly chicken-y. Good, but I liked the bacon cheeseburger a lot more.

Overall an awesome option, especially since there aren't a ton of late-night vegan options in Austin.

Pros: tasty, homemade, pretty good value

Cons: no fries

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Arlo's at Cheerup Charlie's - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7648 times since Dec 2011.