Arlo's Food Truck - Cheerup Charlie's

512-840-1600

900 Red River St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78701

Mobile food trailer selling vegan comfort food like burgers, fries, and tacos. Parked at Cheer Up Charlie's which has a 21+ year age requirement. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Fri 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 6:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by ColonelSeitan

Arlo's Bac'n Cheeze Burger is Excellent! - Edit

I visited Arlo's for the first time recently but I have been wanting to try it for a long time. Arlo's is plant based food. I had the Bac'n Cheeze Burger and home made fries. Both very good selections. That burger is among the best I have ever had anywhere. I will try other selections as well, next time. It's nice to have a choice of plant based options. Guy behind the counter was helpful and pleasant. Arlo's is parked at Spiderhouse and they will let you eat your meal at Spiderhouse. Nice ambiance.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-24

Pros: Delicious plant based foods, Delicious, Everything on menu is plant based

Cons: No cons, unless one doesn't like food trucks

Awesome burger - Edit

The bac'n cheeze burger is incredibly tasty.

Bummed out - Edit

I've heard and read such a good things about this place, except couple negative ones about the hours they're open, that I couldn't wait to go and try it. But even I got there, Monday at around 7pm, the truck was closed. They're supposed to be open 1200-0200, I believe. Couple hungry people that came to eat as well left confused before me, asking if the place is open. Finally someone showed up, not for work though, said there's a party somewhere and so they're not open today. Would be nice if they informed people on their website about such things. So yes, unfortunately reviews about non existing, or not set hours they're supposed to be open are true. Went To Counter Culture after that, for the very first time (I'm relatively new to Texas), and it was amazing. Food was great, service was friendly, even customers were super friendly, trying to recommend things off the menu. So If Arlo's happens to be closed again and you have no place to eat, go to counter Culture. You'll be amazed.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-23

respectanimals2 24 Apr 2017 - I wouldn't have given them a bad review for this as it does not reflect on their food. Some of these small businesses don't have the resources to update websites as often as we would like, but because I know that, I would cut them slack. Maybe you want to reconsider after you have tried the excellent food?

Delicious and awesome staff! - Edit

This food competes with all the best vegan places we've been to around the country, especially the bacon cheeze burger. The staff (Shane) was friendly, helpful, and went out of his way to suggest additional vegan options to us. (We're from Chicago).

WHOA!!! - Edit

CAN'T. BEGIN. TO. DESCRIBE. HOW. BLOWN. AWAY. I. WAS. WITH. THIS. PLACE!!! I've been a vegan for a while now, on a mostly plant based whole foods diet. I really can't recall what meat/animal products taste like. Until I ate at Arlo's. I had the bac'n cheeze burger. I had to go up to the window and confirm that it was actually vegan. If you're looking for something that mimics the animal proteins that you once craved, this is the only place I've been to that does that so superbly. Very incredible feat in my opinion.

holy ****balls! - Edit

This was hands down the best burger (vegan or not) I've ever had in my entire life. My best friend and I had the Bac'n Cheeze Burger with Mac n' cheese. It was so delicious, beyond words amazing. I can't write enough good things about this food truck. Definitely a must eat if you're in the Austin area.

Best Burger I've Ever Had - Edit

Literally anywhere. The Bac'n Cheeze burger has so many clear flavors that go so well together, and it's really filling! Not bad for $8!

Holy Vegan COW! - Edit

I cannot tell you how delicious this place is. I got the bac'n cheeze burger and YOWZA was it tasty. It was hard not to keep coming here for every meal while vising Austin. Not to mention, Cheer Up Charlie's is a vegan bar which is so awesome.

Pros: Tasty, Nice atmosphere, Tots were good too

Cons: Birds will attempt to steal the deliciousness...

good food fast - Edit

Good vegan street tacos came out fast. The Chipotle sauce is great. No kids allowed.

Pros: all vegan

amazing - Edit

Had the bac'n cheeze burger and after the first bite I had to go and check it was definitely vegan.
Best burger I have ever eaten, pre and post becoming vegan.

Best bacon cheese burger in history - Edit

I truly loved the burger! It was so full of flavor!

Pros: Great

Cons: Small parking lot

Hands Down the Best Vegan Burger I've Ever Had - Edit

The Bacon Cheese Burger is a must for anyone, especially vegans who struggle to find a decent veggie burger. I've had veggie burgers around Austin that I've enjoyed but they were all so obviously a veggie burger. If you're ever in the mood to pig out, get the Bacon Cheese Burger and the Chili Cheese Fries (I got mine over sweet potato fries). I went there twice within two weeks because it is just so delicious. If you're in Austin and you're hungry for some vegan fast food, go to Arlo's, you will definitely go again.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value

Cons: Hidden

Best vegan burger I've had in 7 years - Edit

This is hands down the best vegan burger I've had in my 7 vegan years. You will see angels. Bacon cheeseburger and tots. Get a drink at CUC, you're good to go. Love this place.

Pros: Best. Vegan. Burger., Bacon cheeseburger, Tots

Cons: Not in my mouth right now, So far away from my couch

Bacon. Cheez. Burger. - Edit

The best burger and fries! They have 3 locations, 2 are stand alone food trucks. So I assume the reviewer below is referring to the Caesar Chavez location... Arlo's is a vegan staple and hopefully will have a brick and mortar in the future.

Failed to mention..... - Edit

This is not a food truck, you literally have to order from the bar. The smell of booze was a huge turn off so we went to the vegan yacht instead.

Oh My- So Good! - Edit

Had the "bacon" "cheese" burger here... and oh man was it good! The food truck is located in the patio area of a bar. So environment is relaxed and you can grab a drink to go with your burger and fries. This was easily the best burger I've ever had.

Pros: Yummy

Cons: Hard to find parking

My favorite place in Austin - Edit

I absolutely love this place. Me and my boyfriend come here all the time and the burgers are to die for. I have no idea how they make them taste so real but it's just phenomenal! Definitely worth a visit and great for a lunch quickie.

Awesome vegan fast food any time of the day! - Edit

We both ordered a bacon cheese burger with tots and I also got a sweet tea. Bacon cheese burgers were amazing - the patties are home made and they are so good - really reminds you of a McDonald's cheese burger. Tots were also really good and a nice big can of sweet tea is perfect in the heat. Would be good if they had other drink options - the options are pretty limited.

Pros: Great fast food, Open late, All vegan

Cons: Limited drink options

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Arlo's Food Truck - Cheerup Charlie's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.