First Review by meatisfordummies

Not as good as the Portland location - Edit

I was excited to hear that Voodoo opened a location in Austin as the one in Portland is amazing. This places disappoints, however as the staff is not helpful or courteous. I've been 3 times and each time the staff was terrible. They do have vegan donuts and the place looks cool, but it's nothing like the original. Plus, there are always lots of people begging for money outside. If you are looking for delicious vegan donuts, try Wheatsville Coop or even Whole Foods. Both are better.

Delicious Doughnuts! - Edit

I had the vegan apple fritter (bigger than my face!) and oreo topped doughnut! I loved the apple fritter so much! The oreo topped donught was a bit sweet for my taste but I still enjoyed it very much!

Pros: Delicious donuts, Open 24/7, Vibe and Decor

Cons: Customers bus the tables- so they aren't as tidy, Cash Only

Amazing! - Edit

I've been here several times and absolutely love it (although be prepared to wait in line on the weekends). A box of a dozen vegan doughnuts is around $18...and they usually throw a few extra your way. Super friendly staff and cute hang spot...definitely must visit.

CASH ONLY, up to 14 vegan choices! - Edit

If you need a sugar hit this is the place to go. At around $1.80 per doughnut it's inexpensive. It's also suitably hip & weird. Personal favorite doughnut is the maple Longhorn (stuffed with a custard) - so sweet it's BONKERS!

Pros: 14 vegan doughnuts!, weird!, can order ahead

Cons: expect a long line , cash only , popular vegan items sell out early (go before lunc

Good donuts but not always available - Edit

Quite a few vegan donuts but at least 3 were out that I wanted, and at that point, I gave up. Donuts a bit sweeter than I'd like but the yeast donut base was excellent.

Cash only

Decent vegan selection, fun atmosphere - Edit

CASH ONLY--plan ahead (they do have an ATM inside). Same Voodoo as in Portland and Denver. They were initially 24/7, but then they cut back on their day time hours and aren't open on Mondays and Tuesdays. Bummer.

Many vegan selections, but it's hit and miss if they're going to be out of what you want. I LOVE the cake donuts, especially the toasted coconut. The chocolate cake donut is good too, and I'm not even really into chocolate donuts. The cock and balls is super delish--I don't know what magic goes into that cream filling, but it's worth it, whatever it is. SO GOOD. The maple cream filled is baller, and the blunt is good, a biiiit churro-ish. A teeny bit on the dry side, though.

Service can be hit and miss, and I've actually left empty handed with only 2 other customers in the whole place, as the line can move pretty slow.

Pros: Quite a few vegan options, Fun quirky atmosphere, Literally 5 feet from my office

Cons: Line can take forever, Often out of the vegan cake donuts, Cash only

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Voodoo Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.