Arizmendi Bakery and Pizzeria - 9th Ave

Contact 415-566-3117

1331 9th Ave (at Irving, Inner Sunset), San Francisco, California, USA, 94122

A worker-owned cooperative bakery and pizzeria, part of a chain of several in the Bay Area. Vegan items clearly labelled. Usually at least a couple baked vegan treats like vegan muffin and vegan cookie, plus a vegan bread - call ahead. Popular with locals. Serves Equator brand coffee. Arizmendi is the shortened name of Jose Maria Arizmendiarrieta, a young priest who inspired and helped found the Mondragon Cooperatives in the Basque Country of Spain in the 1950s. Open Tue-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:30am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by kristinasimons

Great Bakery and Center of Sunset - Edit

This bakery is a breath of fresh air. They have vegan and vegetarian options only and their baked goods are extremely high quality, generously portioned, and the ambience is the best. I wish they had one in our neighborhood. I would quit work.

Pros: Delicious high quality baked goods, Great ambience, Neighborhood place

Cons: Haven't started one in my neighborhood.

Yummy Muffin, good coffee - Edit

I like good fresh baked goods, so it's not difficult for me to find reasons to like this place. Read about it on happycow and decided that I had to come check it out. Was here in October 2012, here's my Arizmendi Bakery review.

Seemed like quite a popular place with the locals. Lots of people grabbing something to go, some eating outside. the pizza of the day is written on a chalkboard (always with dairy unless you make a special advanced order for a whole pie).

You'll find lots of fresh baked breads and pastries, few labeled as 'gluten-free' and a few labeled as 'vegan.' I got the vegan banana-nut muffin, a vegan apricot cookie, and their coffee (Equator brand). Everything was yummy, including the coffee.

Would definitely come back again next time I'm in the area.

Probably the best bakery in SF - Edit

This is my neighborhood bakery. My boyfriend and I go there at least 3 times a week. The focaccia is the best, usually they have a vegan option as well. Really good coffee too. All organic ingredients, really yummy. I recently went gluten free and Arizmendi is the one thing I still crave daily.

Pros: healthy cusine, good value, excellent food

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Arizmendi Bakery and Pizzeria - 9th Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2844 times since Nov 2011.