Araya's Place - Madison St

Contact 206-402-6634

2808 E Madison St, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98112

Vegan Thai food restaurant opened May 2014, its second location in Seattle. Free Wi-Fi. Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Thai, Take-out

First Review by treyb

Excellent curry and stir fry! - Edit

The food at Araya's is the best Thai food that you will find in Seattle, vegan or not!

You can ask to receive extra veggies if you prefer to skip on the tufu, tempeh or seitan.

Tasty Buffet - Edit

I'd previously been to Araya's U-district location and enjoyed it, so I wanted to check out their newer location. The new space is located right by cafe flora and has a comfortable, airy atmosphere. I went mid-day and it wasn't too crowded, nor was it too empty- just right and pleasantly chill.

The buffet is all you can eat and slightly on the upper end of medium pricing (~$11). If you go there hungry then it's a reasonable deal. There is a decent variety of choices in the buffet carts (various vegetable, tofu and noodle dishes, steamed rice). All of it was suitably tasty, not to heavy or greasy though a couple were slightly oily.

Service was prompt. If you do buffet that's something of a moot point.

All in all, a good experience and recommended.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good food

Best Thai Ever - Edit

Ok, Recently vegan here (Dr. Greger's fault, video at is.gd/Vegan) ... we did lunch at Araya's. It really makes me want to move to Seattle - this is perhaps the best Thai restaurant I've eaten at (ever); and the best vegan so far.
I had the Avocado Curry .. absolutely fantastic -- a bit hotter than I might like, but just too good to let that bother me. My wife had the massaman banana curry, it was either as good or better. It is a bitty to be 3000 miles away.

Pros: Excellent food, really excellent, All vegan - diverse selection, delightful (but hidden) location

Cons: my mild curry was a touch hot; but great

Don't miss this fantastic restuarant! - Edit

We've been here several times, and the food and service is very consistent. We are Vegans, and it's great to find a place as nice as this one. The food is very fresh and very delicious. Service is super, and waitresses anticipate what you need. This a premier spot with a small out of pocket cost. Be sure to put it on your list!

Pros: vegan choices, fresh ingredients, flavor and textu, excellent service, fantastic atmosphere

Cons: none

Really Yummy Food - Edit

We just popped in, and had a great experience! When we asked if they had anything with bittermelon, the chef whipped up a few dishes that weren't already on the menu, and they were fantastic!

Great food, atmosphere and they give you enough! - Edit

The food is really good! And they give you enough (which is a common problem we have with Veg / vegan restaurants.) The restaurant is quite large but home-like: a very pleasant atmosphere though not particularly fancy. It's set back from the main street behind a really pleasant courtyard, and there are some tables outside. Parking was easy, and the area (Madison Valley) is pleasant. The staff was very nice, too. The prices are very reasonable too. There are apparently two other locations (one in Seattle, one in LA) but we've only been to this one. I highly recommend it!
Updated from previous review on Monday July 14, 2014

Pros: Great food, Good sized portions, Pleasant, friendly atmosphere

The new Araya's Place on Madison st is beautiful - Edit

The new Araya's, across from Cafe Flora, is a wonderful dining experience. It has a much more upscale and peaceful atmosphere than the Bellevue location had ( I still miss that location ) and seems like an entirely different type of all vegan Thai restaurant. It's wonderful. The menu has a few new items and it seems as though the staff are pulling out all the stops to make this location absolutely awesome. I was really impressed with their new Banana Massaman Curry and always recommend trying the Fresh Rolls as an appetizer. Something that is also noticeable is that the food freshness quality is impeccable and the attention to detail is superb at this location. If you've been to their other locations please go into this one with a totally open mind ready for a completely new experience. I promise you'll enjoy it.
5 Happy Cows from Trey.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Great food, Great staff

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Araya's Place - Madison St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4150 times since May 2014.