Aqua

( 1 review )
+44-1908242977

The Hub, 309 Avebury Blvd, Milton Keynes, England, MK9 2GA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of a small chain of modern/stylish decor Italian restaurants, this one is in Milton Keynes "Hub" opposite to Sainsbury's. Has a vegan menu but do check about honey use. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:30pm, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Italian, Honey, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Gudrun

Vegan menu. Friendly staff. But the food... - Edit

At first sight, this place makes a very nice impression - modern, light interior, very friendly staff and a separate vegan menu with various different options and starters, mains, sides and even desserts.

Maybe my food choice was just a mistake. I had a "tagine of Porchini Mushroom, Cauliflower and spinach with soft polenta" (originally listed as "soft honeyed polenta", but they left out he honey for me, not sure why there is honey on a "vegan" menu). The polenta was some tasteless mash and the tagine was a mix of olives, some tough to chew spinach and various veggies. It is difficult to describe the taste, but there was mint and vinegar among it. I found it a very strange mix of flavors and not tasty at all. I took a picture (already uploaded) from the most favorable angle - this dish did not look good, either.

My dessert was "baked figs with basil and strawberries". This was not too bad although the figs did not have too much taste.

Another thing which put me off a bit that evening was a strong smell of fish in the air.

If I lived in the area I would probably give this place a second chance, but since I just spent a few days in the city and there were several other restaurants with vegan options close by, I decided not to come back.

I hope there will be more reviews here, and hopefully other people's experiences at this restaurant will be better than mine.

Pros: has a vegan menu, friendly staff

Cons: the tagine, can be smelly (fish)

Return to Milton Keynes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aqua closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.