CLOSED: Andies Restaurant

Contact 773-784-8616

5253 N Clark St (at Berwyn St), Chicago, Illinois, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in the Andersonville neighborhood. On their regular menu they have a separate vegan/vegetarian section where all vegan items are marked clearly. They buy from local farmers whenever possible and also have their own garden. FEB 2016 REPORTED SHUT, ITS WEBPAGE NOT UPDATED. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl

Andies Restaurant - Edit

We accidentally ran into this place while walking down the street in Andersonville some time back. I found plenty of vegan things to eat and the items I ate were good. I think this is a good place to have a nice lunch, and also, would be a good compromise when dining with vegan/vegetarian/omnivore friends. (Note: That there is an additional location on Montrose)

Best Mediterranean in Andersonville - Edit

Most mediterranean restaurants are great places for veg*ns, but this places goes the extra mile. They celebrate Meatless Mondays every Monday with a special veg menu. But even the regular menu rocks. For vegans, the hummus, baba ganoush and falafel are safe. Also vegan is a roasted pepper dip, their vegan lentil soup, curried veg couscous, moroccan eggplant, portabello over lentils and my favorite the vegetable potato chop. You can get veggie combo platters also.

They use cage-free, organic eggs. No eggs is obviously better but this is a step in the right direction. When I was a vegetarian, I would only eat cage-free eggs so I was able to enjoy their Brunch specials. For brunch they have omeletes, crepes, french toast and pancakes.

It's open 365 days a year and you can order online. Makes me wish I lived in Andersonville.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Andies Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1549 times since Sep 2011.