Alameda Rock

Contact 687066422

Calle Credito, 20, Sevilla, Spain, 41002

Vegetarian turned-vegan rock-themed tapas bar and music venue. Vegan tapas with selections including classics like espinaca con garbanzos (spinach with chickpea) as well as burgers and nuggets. Relocated and opened at this location Apr 2015, ground floor of La Caja Habitada hostel. Tue-Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm, Tue-Sat 8:00pm-12:00am

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Spanish

First Review by FerCDVegan

tasty but... - Edit

Waitress friendly but I think the waiter, perhaps a little less so to foreigners.

The faux bittersweet pork & mustard chicken, both with rice, and the tortilla (X potato cake) very tasty. Good prices for tasty food - but note they are microwaved. It's not the poshest of places but good option for a cheap & tasty dinner.

Rude staff! - Edit

While I had high expectations of Alameda Rock, my experience here was very disappointing. I went for a vegan wrap and an ordered an soja ice coffee. The waiter gave me an hot soja coffee instead, but I was fine with that, mistakes happen.

After a not so special wrap I was still sitting there on a table with my laptop when the waiter came and said that it is not an internet café, in other words: if I could leave asap so other customers could sit at my table. This was so rude in my opinion, no apologies or nothing. I left and decided to never return here.

I did not feel welcome at all.

Best vegan place in all Seville! - Edit

My favourite vegan restaurant in Seville ! The chief and cook is really nice, the place is small but lively and the food is really great. I especially recommend the fajita, the meatballs and the sweet and sour pork.

Pros: There's a good price/quality relation.

Just ok - Edit

I was there last week, which gives me flashbacks of Sevilla, if you haven't gone, you have to go.
The owner and cook was there when I went and he was doing an interview or photo-shoot or something along the lines. He was polite but seemed to be a little simple due to the other tasks he was doing. The food's presentation is amazing. However, I was not blown away with the flavors. We had the hamburgers. He makes his own patties and I can only assume that they're made with chick peas as they have that flavor. I was expecting a little more texture I guess. I did not try the rest of the food so I cannot be a good judge of full menu. I speak fluent Spanish so I had no problems communicating. However, I was able to witness another tourist ordering and the owner brought him a menu in English and made good efforts to communicate with him.

Pros: Affordable, Varied menu, nice environment

Cons: Small location

welcome relief - Edit

After a few poor quality meals elsewhere in Seville Alameda rock was a relief. Good tasting, friendly quick service and the let me middle through with my poor Spanish. Great place, went twice, both good.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, good cake

Cons: you cant close the door so its cold

tasteless - Edit

a big negative surprise.
A lot of vegan options, close to the Alameda de Hercules, so really central.
The waiter did not make much effort to comunicate with us ( talk to us in spanish without even looking at us..).
Pointless food, great offer on the menu but poor in terms of savour and pleasure in the plate.

Pros: central

Cons: average products, average service

Good vegan food in relaxed environment - Edit

I've visited this place on a number of occasions and it's always worthwhile. Reasonable prices, very nice tapas and friendly staff and atmosphere. It's the kind of place you can comfortably go on your own with a book, or with a group of friends.

I particularly like the vegan pizzas and frankfurters, but there's nothing I've had that I haven't liked so far. If you're in the area and looking for some tapas you can't go wrong here.

Because of an extreme shortage of time we dropped-in at this eatery wanting to sample their Vegan tapas with only 15 minutes available - but it was so worth it! The food and drink was excellent! Thanks to to proprietor David Mauser who responded to our request for food fast...

Also, as this restaurant is located in the ground floor of La Caja Habitada hostel Calle Credito we had a swift guided tour by the proprietor Fernanda - a lovely woman and an attractive hostel - which, with this restaurant situated right there in the same building, would make an excellent and totally logical Vegan holiday accommodation.

Cozy place for delicious vegan tapas - Edit

We loved this little tapas place. You could taste the food was prepared with love. No sophisticated, expensive cuisine but lasagna and meatballs the way your mom would make them. Tasty, inexpensive and cozy. We will definitely come back next time we're in Sevilla!

Pros: Comfort food, Good value, Friendly owner

good little cafe - Edit

We went looking for this place for a change to the standard restaurants in Seville and wished we'd gone earlier. The menu was a bit limited when we were there as they had just opened after the weekend and still had to prepare some things but there was still a reasonable choice for vegans. We both had vegan pizza which were both very nice and very good value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place.

Pros: good value, firendly staff, good food

Is there anybody out there? - Edit

I would love to be able to review the food itself. However, since they are not open when they say they will be; I cannot.

I have gone there 3 times only to be told they are closed; come back at another time. When I come back; they still aren't open. Yet, I am stuck with the bill from the parking garage.

Cons: not open

Best veggie in Seville - Edit

We ate at the main veggie places all around town and some veggie friendly places too. Alameda Rock was the best by far. The very friendly, helpful and happy waiter, who was running the whole place, was great and the food was fantastic and inexpensive. The beers were super cold on a very hot 40c plus day. We had the tortilla, meatballs and tomato sauce and the veggie burger. All were very good and hit the spot. The place has a fun young vibe as it is next to youth hostel and a police station. All kinds of people were coming in and out of this great little place. If we lived in town, we would be seen here often.

Pros: All veggie or vegan

Cons: small and European smokers

Tapas sharing in Alameda - Edit

I went to Alameda rock with two non-vegetarian friends on Friday evening. We ordered a number of different tapas (houmus, felafel, fried peppers, seitan sandwiches/montaditos, salmoreho...) and we shared them among ourselves. With a total of 6 tapas we left the place completely full and absolutely satisfied. The people are friendly, the prices are low (on average 3 euro each tapa, and considering that with two of those you are fine, it's not expensive at all).
We were outside so we couldn't enjoy the music, but they have good musical tastes too!
Great place, and I am glad I now have a place for evening tapas in Sevilla (the Veganitessen offers tapas but only at lunchtime)!

UPDATE April 2015
I went to the new Alameda Rock, which is now at the ground floor of La Caja Habitada, a hostel in Calle Credito. The place is small, but there are a few tables. Tapas are nice (essentially similar to what they were offering before, but they are adding new stuff as time goes by), and they have a big selection of drinks.

Pros: Great choice of tapas, Fabolous location, Cheap

Awesome variety of vegan tapas! - Edit

Super friendly tapas place with tons of vegan menu. Espinaca con garbanzo is soo great (well this is common in every other tapas bar and already vegan I guess. But still!) and the burgers, meatballs, pasta were all not amazingly great nice. Its good to have many vegan tapas choice and you dont have to ask all the time since they already have separate list of menu for vegan tapas. Staff are super friendly (thus great help in improving or improvising my non existing Spanish) and price is also quite inexpensive.

Pros: Super friendly & quick, Large choice & tasty, Inexpensive

Cons: Mostly microwaved i think, Not the healthiest

Great variety of vegan food in city center - Edit

Almost all the food are vegan, except for a couple of vegetarian dishes. Everything is delicious and they have a great variety. I recommend the "fajitas", "montadito of seitan" and "sandwich with ham and cheese". Workers are lovely.
Casi toda la comida es vegana excepto por un par de platos vegetarianos. Todo está delicioso y tienen mucha variedad. Recomiendo las fajitas, el montadito de seitán, el de gambas con ali oli y el sandwich de jamón y queso. El trato es muy agradable.

Pros: friendly staff, great variety, Delicious

Vegan Oasis in Sevilla - Edit

I usually go to Alameda Rock for having lunch or dinner and drink some good beers. Though here is labeled as vegetarian, almost all the tapas are vegan (more than 20 in the new menu) and just a few vegetarian. No meat at all. Staff is friendly and the restaurant has a cool rock music decoration. Is inexpensive and many different tapas can be eaten, from raw to tasty Burger Mauser Jack Daniels style. Any vegan or vegetarian enjoying holidays in Sevilla must visit Alameda Rock
By the way, their new phone number is 34 603544844
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 01, 2014

Pros: Many vegan tapas, Inexpensive, tasty food and beers

Return to Sevilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alameda Rock closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5118 times since Jun 2014.