REMOVED: Agnes B

Contact 852-22657680

Level G, Festival Walk shopping mall, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, brasserie type restaurant inside a fashion shop. Good atmosphere. At least one entree is vegan: the ratatouille pasta. A few salads and other pasta could be made vegan. Removed for poor vegan options.

Category: Lacto, French, Non-veg

First Review by JChan

Agnes B - Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong - Edit

I don't doubt for a moment that this listing was added in good faith. I am though humbly a little surprised to see a branch of this establishment listed on happycow. There's more than 1 Agnes B in Hong Kong. It is very much geared towards eating dead animals. Also as is listed elsewhere on this website, any place that sells lamb gets an additional black mark against it.

Here's a current weblink to the menu should you wish to check for yourself:-

www.agnesb-lepaingrille.com/cafehk/signature-gourmet/all-day-menu/

Cons: Very meat oriented including lamb

Not known for vegetarian food but... - Edit

As a vegan and eating out, especially with friends, I have to make note of which restaurant is friendly or not! I've encountered one in Macau where the waiter reacted as if insulted when I asked if they have anything vegetarian (forget about vegan) and he said "We don't serve vegetarian food!" I ended up having a bowl of steamed rice and a segment of boiled cabbage that they didn't both to season. Ignorance demonstrate itself in people in so many ways.

Agnes B is certainly not a meatless restaurant for it serves nice French food which uses all sorts of animal parts. But (on account of my pestering) they returned their ratatouille to their menu with which I take with pasta. This is the one and only entrée I order from them each time I sat down there. With a very nice salad and a glass of wine. Their breads are hot and fresh and the meal is always satisfactory, in fact first class. I could ask for a pasta with garlic and olive oil and they do a good job too. Aside from these two items, the rest are not vegan.

Such are the present conditions vegans have to tackle at this time and age in HKG.

Pros: Always excellent quality, Excellent service

Cons: Not much vegan choice, Not an inexpensive place

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Agnes B closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.