Agape

Contact 938892646

Progres 2, Vic, Spain, 08500

Serves meat, vegan options available. Each day a fish dish, otherwise food is vegetarian and vegan. Large variety of meals, juices, dessert and organic beer. Pleasant atmosphere. Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish, Catalonian, Non-veg

First Review by Pythatom

Beautiful veggie/vegan lunch - Edit

From the moment we arrived at this beautiful little restaurant we knew we'd made the right choice. The waitress was so friendly, her english was excellent and she took the time without even being prompted to explain which dishes were vegan, which was so helpful. The menu was fantastic, lots of delicious things to choose from. A previous review (from 2+ years ago) stated there were meat and fish options on the menu - this is absolutely not the case now. I have posted a picture in the photo gallery showing all the starred vegan options for just their lunch time menu (the rest were all 100% vegetarian). Service was 10/10, fast but always with a big smile. We arrived just before a rush and it filled up very quickly, but it didn't feel cramped, just lively and atmospheric. The food was fantastic quality and value for money, we went away very full and happy after a chat with the lovely lady at the counter. Cannot recommend enough, we will definitely be back, especially for more of those seitan rolls and incredible vegan cakes :-)

*please note* I can only give it 4 out of 5 stars as Happy Cow will not allow 5 due to it not being fully vegetarian - however i believe the above information to be out of date 22/09/16

Pros: Excellent value, Service with a smile, Delicious, different food

VERY disappointing - Edit

I was in this place about 6 or 8 months ago on a visit to Vic because a friend recommended it. I was very, very disappointed.
The place looked quite pleasant, although it was very crowded on that day and there were far too many tables, to the point that you had to uncomfortably squeeze your way through to go to the bathroom, feeling like you were annoying other customers in your way.
My first very big disappointment, however, came when I took a look at the menu and realised, with great annoyance,that this restaurant calls itself a "vegetarian restaurant" (check their website) when in fact they had and still have one option with fish every day on the daily menu. Well I am sorry but should I remind these people that "fish" is flesh from an animal, THEREFORE IT IS NOT VEGETARIAN?? As someone who avoids eating flesh from fellow animals,I find that extremely offensive. So people from AGAPE, call yourselves something else, maybe try "healthy food restaurant" or whatever, but please not "vegetarian restaurant".

My two friends and I had booked a table previously. All the three of us found that the food was bland, very far from creative, and came in quite small portions (none of us usually eats much). For dessert there wasn't ANY vegan option. When I asked especially, they could only offer some agar-agar fruit jelly sort of cake which was, again, bland and disappointing. There was a special festivity on the town that day and I can understand that they were busy. Still, that doesn't justify that the staff were neglectful (not just slow, but also neglectful) and even unfriendly. What's worst, they brought the bill at our table without us asking -at least in Spain, a way to "politely" kick you out- when we had booked a table beforehand, had been in our table for not even 1 hour and were still eating dessert. I found that of very poor taste. Lastly, I would like to add that it was EXPENSIVE. They may have charged a special price on the menu taking advantage that it was a local festivity -understandable to some extent, but that was abusive- which was about 20 euro per person -quite expensive for Spain and in this case totally not worth it. One could think maybe it was an off day for them but it's just too much of a coincidence, as they failed in most aspects.

Pros: good location, place is maybe nice.. if less crowded

Cons: small portions, bland, expensive, not really veg, poor options for vegans, staff unhelpful and inattentive

Wonderful - Edit

We had lunch with a variery of vegetarian menu options, very friendly and efficient staff, in a great setting. The quality of the freshly prepared food made it a fantastic experience: tasty and well seasoned, good combinations of ingredients, all capped by home-made desserts! All of the above for € 25 for two.

Pros: Great and tasty food, Great setting, All dishes and desserts home-made

Return to Vic Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Agape closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 870 times since Jan 2012.