Abyssinia

Contact 901-321-0082

2600 Poplar Ave Ste 115, Memphis, Tennessee, USA, 38112

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large Ethiopian food restaurant, offers a daily lunch buffet which is mostly vegan except for a couple meat dishes. Buffet includes all-you-can-eat injera (Ethiopian bread). For dinner, the vegetable platter is all of the food from the buffet.

Category: Buffet, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by Lindsey

good, though a little greasy - Edit

hole in the wall with a great buffet lunch for something like $9. The fresh bread and lentils were great, some of the vegetables were a little greasy for my taste and the salad was slim pickings but the meal was flavorful and spicy. I was very happy with the meal and would go back. the staff was very warm and the owner was very good at letting me know exactly what wasn't vegan (which was only 1 dish on the buffet!)

Pros: authentic, mostly vegan buffet, good value

Cons: a little greasy

Great place - Edit

The food here is very delicious and filling. Every time I went there the staff was very grateful and friendly. It would be nice to see more than one non-meat dish on the menu, but at least the one that is there offers a large variety of food. I have never been unsatisfied after eating here. Parking in front of the restaurant is sparse, and I'm always confused where in the back it is OK to park - I'm always afraid I'll get towed when I go there. Other than that, this place is very much worth checking out if you've never been.

Pros: delicious and filling food, reasonable price, friendly

Cons: parking, somewhat small

Return to Memphis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Abyssinia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1927 times since Jan 2011.