It's teamCow with the latest buzz from the VEG scene. Please enjoy, and see ya' all in the new year!
Higher nut intake is associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer, and all-cause mortality.
Our community is powered by caring people everywhere who are dedicated to promoting a compassionate, sustainable, healthy lifestyle. More than a guide to restaurants and health food stores, HappyCow is your one-stop resource for everything VEG.
Cow Goes Hollywood
As eco-conscious celebrities gathered for an awards event, we seize the opportunity to press the actors on furthering their activism by going greener.
* A vegan pioneer in business, Arthur Ling founded his plant milk company in 1965 and called it Plamil.
* Demand for meat-free dining lead to the opening of some vegan restaurants in Hong Kong this year. Our ambassador-on-the-scene, Stevie, gives us an insider's look.
* A new documentary focuses on how a population's growing awareness around animal agriculture & its ills is unnerving the status quo.
Another A-Moozin' Year
This month marks HappyCow's 17th year of service. Thanks to you and gentle people everywhere, we are showing the world that it is possible to choose compassion and sustainability and be healthy.
With your help in 2016, we:
• Completed our website's responsive re-design
• Moved to Amazon cloud
• Made updates to our Android & iPhone apps
• Signed-on 29,800+ new members
• Added 12,600+ new veg-friendly listings to our guide
• Received 44,200+ business reviews
• Uploaded 64,890+ photos to listings
• Managed an Ambassador program with 230+ volunteers
• Continued to establish an international presence with our Cow Mascot
• Published weekly blog articles & this monthly e-newsletter
• Recruited more staff to help maintain and grow our database of restaurants, stores, and recipes • Received 2016 veggie award for "Favorite App"
• Received 2016 veggie award for "Favorite Veg Website"
• Supported restaurants and stores in 176 countries
* Special thanks to our programmers: Ricardo who is living in Bali and rescuing cats, and Thiago in Brazil who is a proud new father of twin boys.
* Shout-out to all Cow Ambassadors: your contributions make our guide better for travelers & vegheads everywhere. To Craig in Scotland, Andrzej in England, and Jon in France we give thanks for your many updates.
* Smiles to Gudrun and Amy for representing Cow at Netherlands' VegFest this month.
* Passionate about VEG? Join our team and support the green revolution!