Etnosvet

• Friend
Contact 0226203880

Legerova 40, Praha 2, Prague, Czech Republic, 120 00

Vegetarian restaurant featuring an international culinary team preparing specialties in the form of a bountiful salad and buffet spread as well an la carte menu of fusion dishes. Sample dishes like the nut roast Wellington, potato dumplings, or vegan steak tartar. For dessert try the lemon sponge cake or chocolate fondant. Housed in this modern design 3-story space since 2015. Next door is its vegan bistro & retail shop. Awarded "Best vegetarian restaurant of 2016" and "Jumper of the year 2016" by gastronomical portal restu.cz. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-4:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, European, Fusion, Czech

First Review by jennyc32

okay - Edit

I don't know why but I felt a bit uncomfortable in this restaurant, one of the staff kept rolling his eyes and tutting at what seemed to be a new member of staff. The food I ordered was really nice but not worth the price, apart from the beetroot soup (never again!)

Pros: smart atmosphere , food was inventive

Cons: only 1 vegan starter option and 2 mains , pricey , not relaxed atmosphere

Classy Up market - Edit

Etnosvet is an Up market Restaurant.
A bit of a Cordon Bleur A La Carte Vegetarian Restaurant.
The Service is friendly and helpful.
It would get 5 stars only the rare miss with the food, ie after a wonderful demonstration of serving up the Pasta dish, with alcohol flames in a cheese vat, the Pasta got cold very quick. I should have mentioned it to the Waiter.

etnosvet 20 Feb 2017 - Thank you Nigel for your review and for your feedback. We will discuss it. Looking forward to see you again.

Description - Edit

Might not want to translate that as "Jumper of the year"... also, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, what?

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-31

Pros: A, B, C

Cons: D, E, F

etnosvet 02 Jan 2017 - Thank you Sammy. I have updated the opening hours.

husbands best meal ever - Edit

Such a lovely place to eat. Gorgeous food, nice atmosphere and friendly English speaking staff. My husband and I enjoyed it very much and would recommend

etnosvet 05 Dec 2016 - We are happy that you enjoyed your diner. Thank you very much for your nice feedback.

Delicious food, nice serve, cozy place - Edit

I was there more time, everything was perfect, it is a place worth visiting.

Cons: 300 czk /1

etnosvet 03 Dec 2016 - Nice review, thank you very much. Looking forward to see you again.

Outstanding! - Edit

The food was fantastic. We had the watermelon and quinoa appetizer and the coconut tempura appetizer. We highly recommend them. For the main course we had the miso soba noodles and the Peking "duck". They were also amazing. Another plus...the staff was very friendly. Overall, a great experience!

etnosvet 08 Sep 2016 - Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. Happy that you enjoyed our restaurant.
Etnosvět

Amazing experience!!! - Edit

I loved this restaurant! Seriously one of the best foodexperiences ive ever had. Delicious, modern and well presented food! Its not all vegan but that doesent matter when the veganoptions are as good as this. Earlier reviews says its a bit expensive but i thought the opposit, at least when you think of the quality of the food. Me and my man had a 3 course dinner, with a bottle of wine, a lemonade and sparkling water... 70 euros, which in my opinion is well worth it! The staff was great too, and the atmosphere very cosy. I really recommend this place!

etnosvet 08 Sep 2016 - Nice words, thank you very much. Our restaurant is vegetarian with some vegan meals. Behind the corner of the restaurant, there is Vegan bistro offering only vegan meals.
Etnosvět

Only 2 vegan options as main meal - Edit

I went with my boyfriend because of the good reviews in other forums. In their web they say that they have a vegetarian and a vegan restaurant. One next to the other.

The vegetarian restaurant only has 2 vegan options as main meals. And I couldn´t have any of them, so we had to go to the vegan "restaurant", wich is a little bistro with fast food. We ended up having a burguer, although we were looking for something different.

It would be nice if the had more vegan options in the restaurant for the people that don´t want fast vegan food.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Only a few vegan options

etnosvet 08 Sep 2016 - Thank you for your review and opinion. As mentioned before, our restaurant is vegetarian with few vegan meals. Vegan bistro behind the corner offers daily menu which is really delicious, it is not a fast food. Best regards Etnosvět

Great food, great service, not many vegan options! - Edit

It's an awesome restaurant but the vegan options are very limited. The staff is very friendly and helpful though. For drinks, try the aperol with ginger! so good :)

Profi restaurant. - Edit

At first I was thinking that Listing here on Happycow was not correct.
It is not pure vegan but only vegetarian restaurant with Vegan options.
I would not call it inexpensive (in Czech terms). But it is good value for money anyway.
They are opened during weekends as well.
Reason for my mistake was that there is vegan bistro behind the corner with the same name.
It is probably one of the best restaurants I have been to so far. A bit expensive, but alright for special occasions.
Make more time for visit as there is so much to find out.

Pros: Food , Staff, Interier

Cons: Not vegan, Price

Good quality food - Edit

The food was well prepared and tasty but I'm not still sure if wines were really vegan or not. Waiters and other staff were nice but I was a little disappointed because there weren't any desserts at all and the vegan selection of other dishes was rather small too.

Price was ok compared to many other fine dining restaurants (portions were quite large)

Pros: Nice athmosphere, Tasty

Cons: Lacks vegan desserts, Not so many options on menu

great food - Edit

Went there on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we had tapas, who tasted great. Lots of variations in the food. On Sunday we ordered all la carte. The food was really good, I would recommend it to everyone

definitely worth a visit - Edit

we just went there at a Sunday evening. not much guests there, but very good staff. they where friendly, professional and everybody's speaking English. Price seems moderate for what you get there. we can definitely recommend the fried vegetables with different dips - WOW. Never had such a good appetizer... BTW: lot of vegan choices and the staff also created a vegan dessert, because there was non on the menue

Pros: professional, friendly staff, enough vegan options

Cons: Jan'16 no vegan dessert on the menue (but ask for,

quality food in nice setting - Edit

The setting is fancier - a great spot for a nice dinner. I loved the mock Peking duck, and peanut satay the best. Vegetarian restaurant with vegan options clearly marked. A few vegan options for both appetizers and mains. Just lacking a vegan dessert.

Excellent - Edit

Etnosvet is one of the fancier vegetarian restaurants in the city, and the price reflects this. It's similar to Maitrea in that the interior is lovely and the menu is global, but the food is much better here. Vegan options are marked. We shared the coconut tempura to start, and it was a delicious dish. There was veg and tofu in a really light batter and three dipping sauces, all of them good. It was enough for two of us to share. My partner had the vegetarian wellington, which he said was good but small. I had the vegan mock duck pancakes, and they were delicious! There was plenty of food, and again, the dipping sauces were spectacular. The service was excellent: friendly, but unobtrusive. And the restaurant is big and spacious, with a really relaxing atmosphere. It's expensive for Prague, and closer to UK prices for a meal, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.

Minus a point for having no vegan desserts!

Pros: Delicious food, Excellent service, Lovely atmosphere

Cons: Expensive by Prague standards

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Etnosvet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.