The vegan approach has it all.
1. It’s an ethical way to live. My motto: “If you don’t have to kill to live, why do it?”
2. It’s ecologically sound. You literally save the planet!
3. It’s healthy for you. The science is clear.
What’s not to like?
Eating a healthy vegan diet can take some time and work. So what do you do if you’re NOT a 5-Star-Chef and/or if you’re simply busy (like me)?
1. Cook for 2-5 days at once. Got a fridge? You’re set.
2. Go shopping once a week. for the week.
3. Eat more fruit. What’s easier than packing a bunch of bananas?
4. Buy Tupperware. Take food with you so you’re ready when there’s no good options around.
5. Use recipes that are actually quick and easy.
I developed a lot of these short and sweet recipes over the years, since, as mentioned above, I have other stuff to do than just cooking. You can download my Super Simple Vegan Recipes for free here.
Here’s one dish from that book, and it’s pretty awesome if I do say so myself:
SWEET POTATO RICE
-400-500 gr Jasmine Rice (2.5 cups or 16.5 ounces)
-1-2 large Sweet Potatoes
-2.5 liters/quarts of Water
-Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (optional)
-Slice the potatoes up in 1 inch/2 cm thick slices.
-Put all ingredients, except for the Chili Sauce, in a pot and let them boil for 30 minutes.
-Chop it all up a little. Serve with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce to taste or as a side dish to your favorite food.
I hope you like it!
Too your health,