This recipe is one that should be in everyone’s meatless repertoire. Whip it up the next time you are pressed for time and need a tasty meatless meal.
Garbanzo Tuna Salad
3 cups cooked garbanzo beans (530g)
1 cup carrot, grated (85g)
1/4 cup red onion, diced (30g)
1/2 cup celery, diced (60g)
1 teaspoon mustard (4g)
1/2 cup vegan mayo (120g)
2 teaspoon dulse flakes (4g)
1/2 teaspoon salt (3g)
- Place garbanzo beans in a food processor and pulse several times until the beans are flaky. Do not over mix or they will turn mushy.
- Place garbanzo beans into a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- You can serve this as a sandwich (Daiya cheese Tuna melt anyone?) or serve with crackers as a snack.
- You can use canned garbanzo beans or if you have the time you can cook your own. If you use canned, be sure to drain and rinse them before using.
Molly Patrick has worked in the vegan food realm since 2003.She has done everything from opened vegan restaurants from the ground up to writing vegan cookbooks. Read her blog or sign up for her free emails. Follow her on twitter Facebook