Zula - Sanur

Contact 3618497244

Jl. Danau Tamblingan 150, Sanur, Bali, Indonesia,

Part of the Down to Earth restaurant group (Zula Legian, Down to Earth, Earth Cafe). This one opened in 2014. Offers healthy cuisine, has brown rice. Comfortable seating.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Indonesian

First Review by Bob Sultan

Hervorragende Auswahl und Geschmack - Edit

Sehr gemütlich mit Terrasse im 1. Stock. Großartige Auswahl und sehr gute Qualität aller Speisen. Bedienung ist Bali-üblich sehr freundlich. Man muss öfter herkommen um auch nur einige der interessantesten Gerichte zu probieren.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-19

Pros: Riesige Auswahl, Großartige Qualität, Sehr schön Ambiente

Cons: Keine

Zula, a Vegan Oasis in Meat-Centric Sanur - Edit

I have eaten here several times during my time in Sanur. I'm so glad Zula is here! Otherwise Sanur is pretty much a vegan desert. They do serve some raw items. They have a large menu and everything I've eaten has been delicious. They have breakfast things like pancakes, granola, omelet and scrambled tofu. There are 6 salad bowls and several soups including my favorite lentil. There are sandwiches and wraps, Indonesian items, and Mediterranean items. There's a dessert case with wonderful vegan and some raw items. In addition, the premises contains a little store for grains, health and beauty, and other vegan items. Be forewarned, some of the beverages and food items are sweetened with honey so ask if that's something you don't want. Otherwise as I understand it, they are completely vegan. Oh, they deliver for just 20,000 IDR.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-17

Pros: Extensive menu, Some raw items, Prices reasonable for the quality

Cons: Use of honey to sweeten

Twice In 3 Days - Edit

We came here twice in our first 3 days here in Sanur. The first time I was a little underwhelmed. I ordered the Big Bite Nachos and Wedges. The "Big" Nachos were not that big at all. Having said that it was very nice and everything was fresh. The second time I ordered the Veggie Burger. Despite the patty not being big it was extremely filling and delicious. Both times we went, they didn't have the Tofu Cheesecake, as we found out they get that from the store in Seminyak. We will be going back while we are still here

Pros: Friendly Day Staff, Good Quality, Fresh

Cons: Night Staff seemed disinterested, A little small

worth the money - Edit

Went out for dinner and loved it. a bit more expensive but good sizes and delicious. According to them everything vegan. They even use olive oil for cooking. Their moto is "animals are my friend and I don't eat my friend" (love it). However they use honey as a sweetener. So is a bee only and insect and not an animal?
still recommended just avoid the honey and you will have an awesome vegan meal ;)

Pros: lots of vegan options

I'll be back - Edit

Gazpacho was perfect for this weather, super fresh and delicious. Loved knowing it was all organic! Smoothie was also delish. A huuuuuge selection of healthy food and drinks. Mostly gluten free too! Coming back to try the raw pizza! The store is also full of organic products and superfoods

Pros: lovely staff, clean, organic & fresh

pricey and pretty bland - Edit

we had a veggie burger and a burrito as well as some drinks. the drinks were decent but the food was likely not freshly prepared, which is something i would expect for a 80k main +15% taxes and charge. for raw meals that's probably no issue, but for french fries and a burger you notice it. especially the burrito had much more potential but instead didn't taste like too much.
service was good.
at another occasion, i bought a cookie and some soap from the store downstairs. the cookie i had was the only one without honey and i didn't care for it. but i thought it was odd that even if i buy something from the counter in the shop, they add 15% tax and service charge even though there was virtually no service... all in all pretty disappointing and expensive.

excellent restaurant - Edit

Lovely place with delicious food nearly all vegan I had the mixed platter which was a plate full of lots of different things all bursting with flavour. Had a decent dessert menu as well including some yummy chocolate treats. Also has a shop selling lots of goodies

Pros: choice, portion sizes

Popular place in the heart of Sanur - Edit

This is a popular moderately priced place in the heart of Sanur. I can recommend the tofu spring rolls, vegieburger, and to drink, the lemonana mint lemonade. Comfortable seating upstairs, downstairs, or inside. Pleasant staff. Bright and clean. International foods. Can't believe this place has not been reviewed before. Solid 4 rating. Btw, Sanur gets my vote as the destination closest to paradise, and I have been to many places.

Pros: excellent food, bright and clean, moderately priced

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zula - Sanur closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1679 times since Aug 2014.