Zen Fusion

• Veg-friendly

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers prix fixe vegan meals nightly, plus you can order a la carte. Owners are art collectors and the decor reflects that. There are 2 small rooms in addition to the main dining area. BYOB. Located by Appalachian trailhead and national park. Buses run from NYC or Philly.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Take-out, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by Robert570

Love this place! - Edit

I love the curried vegetables, black bean soup and coconut vegan ice cream. There is always a vegan menu with gluten free options. I have had gatherings at the brunch on weekends which is pretty good for $10. I live in the Poconos and this is my restaurant of choice. They always do their best to accommodate me, and the spiritual motif resonates with me with all of the decorations and art work not to mention the jewelry that Sylvester makes. Great location with the Dutot Museum in the back and the old Presbyterian church across the street in the heart of Delaware Water Gap.

Pros: vegan options, gluten free options, service

Cons: BYOB

wonderful food !!! - Edit

Mostly vegan, they have an eclectic international menu. Located right off I-80 on PA 611, hours vary seasonally. Had the Vegetable Etouffee and Curried Vegies with pineapple-- both nice. Started with vegie dumplings and Pozole soup which were very good. Desserts were good, a bit subtle. The atmosphere was artistic, pleasant and homey; uncrowded when I visited. It is run by the owners, so they were knowledgeable, friendly and very nice.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, Nice atmosphere, moderately priced

Delicious Food, Wish it Were in My Neighborhood! - Edit

Restaurant is so vegan friendly (they have an entire vegan prix fixe menu) that I think it's appropriate to give it the full 5 stars. The entrees that are non-vegan are really alternative options in my vegan opinion.

For appetizer, we got fried plantains and corn fritters--a bit dry on their own, but perfect with the added sauces and veggies.

I got the vegetable etoufee for an entree, which was like a veggie stew or ratatouille. It was very tasty and perfect with the rice and beans we got for sides.

Rice pudding was tasty--I ate it up. The beignets were OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD. I would go there just for them. All of the food I listed above was 100% vegan.

This is food that normally you can't get in a place like the Poconos. It's food I wouldn't expect to find outside of a big city. The flavors were amazing and different from the normal diner food that you'd find everywhere else in this part of PA. PLUS, it's vegan! I don't know how this is even possible!

The owners/chef talked to us after the meal. Really nice folks who care a lot about the food they prepare and showing their culture through their cuisine.

The place was NOT crowded enough. Go support this great restaurant or else a vegan gem may be lost!

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Owners, Interesting Decor

FAB Flavors in Gorgeous Town - Edit

This is such a cool place for a special dinner or out with the gang. The owners are art collectors and the ambiance is really interesting. There are 2 separate rooms for small or medium parties. One would be perfect for appetizers and drinks while watching a game. You just have to see the African furniture. Words don't do it justice.

There are vegan choices on the prix fixe menu as well as a la carte items. The salad dressing is creamy. The soup was our favorite. The fried plantain was crisp and not greasy at all. The accompanying sauce was perfect.

Entrees were spicy, but not over the top. We had 3 different ones. All were tasty.

I don't like rice pudding - except for theirs. It is served warm and is dry as opposed to the soupy glop so often served.

The service is great and the owners will cater to your needs. We now just go in and say, "Feed me." We don't look at a menu and have a different meal every time.

Zen Fusion is BYOB. There is a beer take out across the street at the Deer Head or a full liquor store and Brewski's beer store 5 minutes away by car.

The town of Delaware Water Gap is a trailhead for the Appalachian Trail. There is a fantastic jazz club across the street from Zen Fusion, The Deer Head Inn. I would definitely book a room there, go for a hike, pop over to Zen Fusion for dinner can catch the phenomenal jazz talent at the Deer Head.

They are open for lunch and dinner Thurs-Sun so you have plenty of opportunity to delight on the Caribbean flavors

Pros: many choices, great ambiance, friendly staff

Cons: BYOB, Oil used in most items

Haitian/Asian Delight - Edit

Open for diner during the week. Sat and Sunday Brunch and Dinner. Good Breakfast type food. Lunch/Dinner food is mostly hot/spicy goodness. They serve both meat and vegan options. Interesting deserts. Nice clean atmosphere. Brunch is very reasonably priced. Dinner is bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. Be sure to try the pot stickers!

Return to Delaware Water Gap Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen Fusion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1161 times since May 2013.