Zen Bistro

Contact 386-248-0453

223 Magnolia Ave, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA, 32114

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Staff understand vegan requests. Ask for tofu as protein choice. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Carolyn1205

Fresh vegan Thai - Edit

My parents, husband, and I had a wonderful dinner outside at the zen bistro. The outside area is relaxing and romantic with herbs, bamboo, an outdoor bar, and a fire pit.

The menu warns that most items have fish and/or oyster sauce and notify if vegan. We notified the staff and since everything was made to order we had no problems. My mother is gluten free and many options were available gluten free.

I ate the jungle curry, which was spicy but amazing. This curry is not tempered with coconut milk do you taste the full flavor and heat. I enjoyed it very much. It was full of fresh vegetables. My husband ordered the spicy rice noodles and it was also very good but not spicy. The restaurant claims they serve their food spicier thanost Thai restaurants; I did not find that to be true and next time will order spicier. The only disappointment was the the papaya salad which was bland; I'm guessing they had dressing issues without the fish sauce. The wine menu was limited but we liked the house Cabernet.

The food portions were largely and the pricing was very reasonable. Will visit again!

Yum Yum Yum - Edit

Perhaps one of the best choices for Thai curries I've ever had! Not only do they offer Tofu, they're also very happy to just up the veggie in any dish - perfect if you're trying to avoid or limit your soy intake. Their sauces are excellent and they have some fine beer options. Vegans can even get dessert! I love their mango and sticky rice for a treat. I enjoyed their outside eating area - perfect for lazy sunny evenings - and the inside is kept at a decent (not freezing) temperature with very little or no music. My service has always been great - there when you need it, not when you don't. A great Daytona Beach choice.

Pros: Vegan dessert!, Good ambience, Many choices

Cons: Closed Mondays

Great But Pricey - Edit

We had some spring rolls (they call them egg rolls), summer rolls with tofu, vegetarian pho, bun something or other (vermicelli with grilled pork), jasmine rice, and a tempura banana. The food was very good but the freshness was AMAZING. You can tell they don't pre-make the items but make them for the order as they come in. The herbs are even grown ON SITE! Its awesome! There are 2 suggestions I can make to make the experience even better. Kids menu! If you want to attract families you need to make a kids menu. And second, I realize the ingredients are super fresh and the food is awesome but, the prices are a little high. We have been to many restaurants in the Orlando area where the portions are larger and the prices are lower.

Pros: Freshness, Quality, Location

Cons: No Childrens Menu, Price

Return to Daytona Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.