Yard House

• Veg-friendly
Contact 714-529-9273

160 S Brea Blvd, Brea, California, USA, 92821

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sports bar/restaurant chain that offers Gardein faux meat, but the company does not guarantee that food is stictly vegan, i.e. uses same grills and cookware.

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by valleys and sea

Food Options - Edit

I have been to a couple of different yard houses and I've been told that anything cooked is cross contaminated (I.e.: cooked on the same surfaces as meats). For this reason, I typically get the soy citrus salad with no croutons add avocado, and humus with no pita. I add veggie sticks instead. The pita is not vegan.

Had potential - Edit

Be careful what you eat here if you are vegan. A lot of the staff does not know, some will say it is vegan, then at another visit you find out it is not. Not sure why you would take a vegan item (gardein products are all vegan)and make it not vegan, like the buffalo wings.

Buffalo Wings - Edit

Extensive Gardein menu, including Jamaica wings. But this one is for the Buffalo Wings. The Gardein seems to be in a larger size. Buffalo sauce is obviously made with butter. But I'm Vegetarian Lacto Ovo so I'm fine with that. The wings themselves are amazing, crisp, crunchy, tasty, a work of art. 5 stars. There are many menu items. I love it when a totally random chain of restaurant supports vegetarianism.

Pros: Extensive, Gardein-based, Menu

Cons: Staff, arenot, Vegans

why is this listed on happy cow? - Edit

I ate here a while ago. My impression was that the waitress was very unknowledgeable about vegan options (saying something along the lines of, 'oh, yeah, my sister's vegetarian...' this is never a good sign. maybe focus less on smalltalk and more on learning different eating habits that might come through your door...) in the end i ordered a salad. I've been vegan for 13 years now, definitely focusing on nutrition, and this is the only occasion in those 13 years i've ever ordered a salad when eating out. this was for a lack of any other options.

i walked out with the overall impression that i would never be eating here again.

so it's kinda surprising to see that someone has listed this on happycow.

anyway, id suggest studying up beforehand, maybe this place is vegan / vegetarian-friendy and i just had a bad server. otherwise, there are way better veg options, and also way better non-veg restaurants that have an item of two for the veggies.

Pros: unfortunately, can't think of any

Cons: my overall experience

Return to Brea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yard House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 964 times since Sep 2011.