First Review by Eloy7

Y(u)mi - Edit

Fue un poco difícil encontrar este restaurante. Sin embargo, valdría la pena! Busca el número 1392 y toca a la puerta - no seas tímido :)
Otra descripción acá está muy completa. Ya pues, mi experiencia: voy a subir las fotos de lo que comí. Pedí el quiche, los frijoles c/acompañamientos, y el mate. S12. Todo no estaba muy caliente, pero fue bueno. No superWOW, sino rica. El quiche es muy bien hecho.
Para postres, pedí un combinación de arroz con leche y mazamorra morada: S4. ¡Excelentísimo!
Muchas personas me han estado diciendo que no voy a poder comer comida típica acá, pero sí se puede en Yami. Verifica lo que se sirve antes de ir en Facebook.

It was a bit difficult to find this restaurant. However, it'd be worth it for you! Search for the number 1392 and knock on the door - don't be shy :)
Another description on here is very complete. So my experience: I'm going to upload my photos of what I ate. I got the quiche, the beans with rice and some amazing veggie sauce stuff, and the mate. 12 soles. The food wasn't really hot, but it was good. Not super WOW, but still delicious. The quiche is really well-prepared.
For dessert, I got the combination of "rice with milk" (which is basically a better version of American rice pudding) and mazamorra morada (a sweet, sticky purple pudding of prunes and purple corn. seriously recommend) 4 soles. Extremely excellent!
Many people have been telling me that I'm not going to be able to eat typical Peruvian food here, but you definitely can at Yami. Before you go, see what they're serving that day on their Facebook page.

Pros: Friendly staff/ camareros amables, Good prices/ bien barato, Especially delicious dessert/ postres riquísimos

Cons: A bit hidden - un poco escondido, Lukewarm food - comida no muy caliente

A hidden vegan gem in Lima - Edit

I’ve visited Yami for lunch in June 2016

It wasn’t that easy to find the place, since there is no sign on the fence. But it was worth searching for.
This place has a more pleasant atmosphere than an average cafeteria in Lima, even though it is full with employees from nearby offices.
Also, the food is not that simple, and it is presented in a very nice way.
The only downside is that I went to this place on my last day in Lima; otherwise I would have visited it more.
Check their facebook for the menu of the day.

Pros: great food, price

Cons: none

Great vegan food! - Edit

[I went there in July 2015 and the opening hours were from Monday to Friday, from 12:30 to 15:00 ; the set menu is at S/. 12 and includes a starter, a main course and a beverage]

Many friend told me about this restaurant so I finally went. The place may be hard to find since it is located in a private house without any sign (so you have to ring the bell). They told me that this address (Jr. Bielovucich 1392, LINCE) is temporary and they should move later.

They serve a set menu with 3 different options for the starter and the main course ; and some other options too (vegan burger at 12, or empanadas/tamales/humitas at 5 each).
I had the menu with a "solterito vegano" (Peruvian salad with lettuce, broad beans, corn, tomatoes, chopped carrots and onions, etc.), quite classical but good enough.
Then I had the "taco vegano": a taco made with a plain dough and black quinoa tortilla stuffed with avocado, black beans, red cabbage, carrots, black radish, etc. It was GREAT. All the ingredients were fresh and tasty, and it was a pleasure to get a taco that good.

Even if it was filling, I tried one of the desserts (they have a wide selection of vegan desserts, at 5 soles each), the chocolate brownie. Very filling too, but really good, especially given that it may be sometimes difficult to find vegan restaurants that have good vegan desserts (apart from fruit salads I mean).

A great place then, and if I pass by I will surely go back.
The price is not the cheapest, but fair given the quality of ingredients.

Pros: All vegan (and organic), Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: A bit far from main avenues, Short opening hours

Excellent Vegan Food - Edit

I was surprised to see several reviews for this place, which is not really near the two main tourist areas (Miraflores and the historic center of Lima). So I had to check it out.

This place puts its menu of the day on their Facebook page daily, so I waited for something that sounded good and went. They recommend that you call before noon and tell them you're coming and what you want that day so they'll make sure to save it for you. However, if you show up at opening time or not long afterwards, you'll probably get what you want.

As of November 2014, the meal of the day is 11 soles (about what you pay in Miraflores). The mixed organic salad was very good, and a beautiful presentation. The main plate for me was quinoa tossed with roasted veggies, which was also good. The meal comes with mate to drink. I also had the apple crisp for dessert for 5 soles. It wasn't overly sweet, and the topping wasn't really crisp, but it was good. They also had vegan brownies, which I might try next time.

Overall a very good experience and I look forward to going back. The only negative for me was that there wasn't a lot of protein on the plate, apart from the quinoa, which has protein. Perhaps a little ramekin of beans would have been nice, but still a great meal at a good price, in a pleasant setting.

As others have mentioned, the restaurant is situated in the courtyard-parking area of a residence. If the door isn't ajar, just ring the bell and they will open the door.

Pros: Flavors excellent, Nice presentation, Price reasonable

Cons: Getting there a bit complicated

Very worth searching for! - Edit

So, after getting thru half of Lima walking and taking buses I didn´t understand, I could finally hear the sound of silverware behind the anonymous door. Sure a place playing hard to find, it´s actually situated in a house front yard (the way to the bathroom goes thru theri living room, it felt almost too private)!
Since the small place was kinda crowded, I shared a table with a German meat eater who had been coming there for lunch every day the last two years - and I understand him. To get more people to go veggie, we need to see more places like this!
After having waited a bit too long, I was served. The set menu for 10 soles had a delicious salad tower as starter and a good portion of garlic green beans and asparragus with rice. The best was the apple pie for 5 soles as dessert!

Pros: Desserts!, Calm atmosphere, Hard to find

Cons: Undermanned service, Hard to find

Hidden gem - Ring the bell! - Edit

Lovely and yummy food but this place is very well hidden. From the outside it looks like a residence. Dont be scared, ring the bell! ;o)

Pros: yummy food, good price, vegan

Cons: hidden

Move - Edit

They moved two blocks away the new phone number is 2216939

Pros: Delicious, Peruvian organic food, no trans fats

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yami closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3782 times since Nov 2012.