Yaafa - D'Algerie

Contact 0178274242

17 Rue D'Algerie, Lyon, France, 69001

Falafel pita sandwiches and salads, soups, lemonade, and iced tea with refills. Also serves fruit salads and pastries, and frozen yogurt. Mon-Wed 11:30am-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:30am-12:00am

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Israeli

First Review by loloford

Really great falafel - Edit

We actually ended up here on a whim because most of the city was shut down (because Sunday).
Turned out to be a cool place with nice service and a really, really great falafel. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Pros: falafel - crunchy outside / heavenly moist inside

Great falafel - Edit

We really enjoyed the falafel from Yaafa - very crunchy outside but soft, moist and flavourful inside. Their pittas are thick and fluffy and the salads and dressings were fresh-tasting and generous. All round a very nice falafel-in-pitta which was more filling than it looked like it would be!
Would have liked a spicier sauce option but that's just being picky.
Fairly quick service and lots of seating. This is clearly a popular place as it was packed even in the middle of the afternoon, but we didn't have to wait long for our food.

Pros: All veggie, staff clear which dishes are vegan, Good falafels

Cons: Could so easily be 100% vegan , Don't think there was a vegan dessert option, Adding chips and spicy sauces to the menu would be

So yummy! - Edit

I loved the sign "falafel dealer" and the green color. Its nice resto and i cant believe how tasty the falafel was. My friend and I had to buy another one, so we tasted 4 falafels and i tell you, you wont regret it!
Definitely i will visit more often!

Pros: great cheap food, great location, sympathic place

Cons: not vegan desserts

Fresh and fast - Edit

This place was awesome! There is at least one vegan pita/ salad option plus soup and chips. We got the meal deal which came with chips or soup plus a drink. The homemade lemonade and ice tea were delicious as was the pita. You can see them making the falafel behind the counter and it tastes very fresh. The chips were very oily, I had to squeeze mine out with my napkin before eating and I saw a girl come in after and do the same thing. It's a busy place but they get through the orders quickly so your not waiting around too long. Overall it's a great place to stop for a bite and I would have gone back again if I had time!

Pros: fresh and delicious , nice atmosphere and friendly staff

Cons: busy

Un incontournable en plein centre de Lyon - Edit

Depuis leur ouverture j'y passe bien plus souvent que je ne le devrais. Leurs pita falafels sont tous bons, bien équilibrés, ils changent souvent une de leur recette ce qui permet de varier les plaisirs. Bref, à ce prix je succombe sans arrière-pensée à l'appel de la junk-food cruelty-free.
A noter que leurs boissons maison sont très bonnes. Les accompagnements et desserts sont bons aussi, mais bien souvent un sandwich suffit amplement à calmer un appétit moyen.

Pros: Excellent rapport qualité-prix, Recettes renouvelées régulièrement, Situation très centrale

Fabulous fresh falafel! - Edit

Friendly staff who advised of the two vegan options, and I had the Veggie Fest in a pitta for 5 euros. Really lovely fresh salad and the freshly fried falafel was great, too. Probably my favourite meal in Lyon! There were quite a few seats but not sure about loos - we got takeaway and walked the few mins across to eat by Saone.

Pros: Great tasting food, Excellent value, Group deals (falafel and beers!)

Cons: Not a place to sit for ages

Delicious -- I went twice! - Edit

I felt like I was in the company of friends when I walked in and made mention I'd found Yaafa on Happy Cow. Everything was pointed out to me that was vegan friendly. (Note: They are 100% vegetarian and most is actually vegan.) Relaxed environment though they were constantly BUSY (a good thing). The eggplant was especially good as was everything I tried. I went back the next day for more! :)

Pros: Friendly staff, Relaxed environment, Fresh food prepared infront of you

Perfect Falafels ! - Edit

Better than mines, I have to admit ! And the menu with the soup, which is changed every week, is extra -
Wanted to try the place a long time ago, but couldn't find the moment. Now, it's done, and for the best ! I have a new place to hang out during the year :)

Pros: The falafels and the soups, Home-made drinks at will, Low prices

Nothing Special - Edit

The falafel wasn't any better than the cheap stuff you'd get at a kabab place. Pretty dry. The sauces weren't too interesting either. I enjoyed my Grocery Store meals in Lyon much better. The only thing nice about the food here, when compared to any other falafel spot, is you know it's not cooked in the same oil and some nasty fleshy doner meat.

My friend and I both thought the falafel was boring. She really enjoyed the soup though. I thought that was pretty average as well.

Pros: Lemonade , Iced Tea , No Meat

Cons: Boring, Bland Sauces

Fantastic falafel place - Edit

I initially had trouble finding this place, and it was closed on the Sunday I first looked for it, which does not correspond with its advertised hours. However, when I found it the next day, it turned out to be one of my best eating experiences in Lyon. There are a number of options, of which about 80 per cent are vegan. The staff understand what vegan is and will explain the exceptions to the rule where almost everything is vegan. I had a Vege Fest sandwich and it was delicious and satisfying. The atmosphere is bright and clean and there is extra seating upstairs.

Pros: Great falafel, Clearly listed options, Staff understand what vegan is

Cons: Unexpectedly shut on day I first went

Very good place to eat - Edit

I really loved this place ! The food was really fresh and delicious, the people were nice, and the prices are quite cheap. I took the 7,50€ menu, which includes the pita bread with the garniture of your choice (among 6), a drink and a side order (potates, "taboulé" or gaspacho soup).
Try the delicious home-made drinks, you can drink as much as you want !

Pros: Cheap price for the quality, Home made drink

Yum! - Edit

Thanks to Happy Cow we found this place and had an awesome lunch! The Falafel Salad Box was so much yummy vegan food we couldn't finish it all. Luckily the tabbouleh and gazpacho came in travel containers to take home. Yes its fast food but it was fresh tasting, delicious and filling. And they had a patio to sit and eat on. Go try it!

Pros: fast, big portions, yummy

Cons: only one pita bread per salad box

great place - Edit

this is a brand new "fast food" in Lyon and it's really great. They have a nice choice of vegan meals and one vegetarian option (with feta cheese). their home made lemonade is really good, and the team is very nice and charming.
prices are reasonable
Will definitely go again

Pros: quality, vegan choice, nice team

Cons: they're far from my hometown!

Return to Lyon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yaafa - D'Algerie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4136 times since Feb 2013.