Wrecking Bar Brewpub

Contact 404-221-2600

292 Moreland Ave NE, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30307

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu features seasonal and local ingredients. Several vegan items on the menu, including seitan gyro and a barley risotto. Dishes are made to order and all vegetarian dishes can be made vegan. Tuesday nights feature all vegetarian specials. Open Mon-Thu 4:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Roadduck99

Terrific Tuesday's - Edit

They have a vegan and vegetarian specials every Tuesday. Great food and beer and great atmosphere. Street parking hard to find on the weekends. However, the vegan fried green tomato sandwich is amazing. Everything sourced from the farm owned by the owner of the restaurant.

great restaurant that really cares about their product! - Edit

I really love this place, and I'll tell you why: as someone who has worked in the local agriculture and food community for a long time, I can tell you that the suppliers Wrecking Bar uses are both of the highest quality and committed to the humane treatment of their animals for consumption (as much as can be said for the practice of raising animals for this purpose). As a vegan who was at a variety of places, I appreciate that an omni restaurant care that much about what they put on the plates of all of their diners, not just me. I know these farms and I know these farmers personally, and I can guarantee their commitment to ethical, sustainable farming. One commenter posted that they served fois gras, but that is erroneous. They do serve a chicken liver pate (not goose liver as in fois gras) which is NOT made by force feeding the animals, like with geese and duck. This place is a favorite of my many vegan and vegetarian folks from the neighborhood, primarily because of the transparency of their food and the awesomeness of the beer. Did I mention all of the beer is vegan? All of it! They occasionally have a guest tap with mead or honey, but I haven't seen them use that in any of their own beer. The food is awesome, the beer is awesome, and the service is awesome. Go early! It's popular and fills up quick at night, as there are no reservations save for really large groups.

Not a vegan friendly "environment" - Edit

Although they offer a few vegan options on the menu, I was disgusted to read menu items such as rabbit legs, foie gras and bone marrow. I know cows, pigs and chicken are no better, but it just seemed they enjoy making a mockery out of any and all animals. Couldn't support that type of an establishment, so we bailed before ordering and went elsewhere.

Contributions +394

Huge Portions!! - Edit

I had the vegan Gyro and it came with fries. The portion was enormous and it only cost $9.00!

Pros: Huge Portions

Cons: limited items for vegans

Great food, great service - Edit

My wife and I went to the Wrecking Bar with a couple of carnivore friends. The food was delicious, emphasizing fresh, local ingredients. I had the seitan gyro and my wife had a pasta dish, both delicious. Our carni friends enjoyed as well, though they ordered from the meatier portion of the menu. The Wrecking Bar also brews its own beer, which was also delicious (I went for ExpectuS Beertronum ESB) but I forgot to ask if it is vegan. The wait staff is very helpful in discussion menu items.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Fun atmosphere

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wrecking Bar Brewpub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1042 times since Apr 2014.