World Peace Cafe

Contact 01142661142

685-691 Ecclesall Rd, Hunters Bar, Sheffield, England, S11 8TG

Volunteer-operated shop and cafe at a Buddhist meditation centre. Serves coffee and tea, light lunch food like soups with wholegrain/seeded bread, panini, risotto, and and thali on Thursdays. Casual setup. Parking in the rear is available off Hunter's House Rd/Junction Rd). Open Tue-Sat 10:00am-4:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, British

First Review by NoShoes

Fantastic fresh food in a calm, welcoming cafe - Edit

The World Peace Cafe is located at the front of the Buddhist Meditation Centre, up steps from busy Eccleshall Road. It has high ceilings and big windows which look out over the park opposite, which really enhances the relaxed feel to the place.
From their vegan menu, my friend had the Rainbow Wrap and I had the Lotus Bowl, and they were both delicious. Masses of fresh, brightly coloured veggies with loads of flavour.
We would have tried the cakes but were both too full (good portion size!).
Considering we both felt full and only paid about £5 each, I think the World Peace Cafe was really good value for money

Pros: Beautiful, fresh, delicious food, Friendly and welcoming, Good value

Nice ambience, expensive food - Edit

Nice atmosphere of peace and tranquility in a nice Buddhist meditation centre.
Overpriced food, small portions, often 2 quid for a tiny bit of cake, exorbitantly priced.
Odd vibes at times, as the Buddhists leave just one monk to help out, and to manage a bunch of willing volunteers.
Badly organised and chaotic.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 19, 2010
Have been today , the vegan cake is,a,delight but is expensive. Nice ambience, tea served in a delightful pot in this meditation centre.

Pros: tranquil, vegan options, not usually unfriendly

Lovely place - Edit

I agree with the person below. It's not expensive at all like the first person said. £3 for a gorgeous home made soup and ciabatta isn't expensive and £4 for a sweet potato and spinach curry INCLUDING rice! Bargain. Shame I was the only one there, I hope they get more visitors!

Pros: Great food, Cheap, Friendly staff

Great for the soul and the belly! - Edit

I could not disagree more with the other review and had to put my own on here to redress the balance...This place is FANTASTIC. From the moment you walk in, it is calm, friendly and relaxed. I had a warm Mexican salad, which was vegetarian chili over iceberg lettuce, with cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and plenty of nachos (homemade I think)...huge portion, which left me full for ages! Not only that, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I also had an amazing freshly ground, freshly filtered coffee, all for just over £5.00 - I think that is a brilliant price and having tasted both, would have paid double. The staff were chatty, friendly and I even swapped recipe ideas with them. There is nothing at all I would fault about this place, 10/10.

Pros: Superb food, Beautiful atmosphere, Great staff

Cons: Nothing

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has World Peace Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3138 times since Jul 2009.