First Review by rowansilverbreeze

Calm and friendly - Edit

This cafe is really nice! I went with my mum (she's not vegetarian) and she really enjoyed it there were some good vegan options for me as well. The atmosphere was really friendly and calm and we went for a walk round the grounds after. A good place to go if you're feeling stressed out!

Pros: great coffee, friendly staff, calm atmosphere

Cons: perhaps there could more vegan options

peaceful restaurant in a lovely setting - Edit

I have visited here twice now. Firstly i spent the night here when i did a Buddhist meditation retreat on 31st dec 2014. The people who run the centre are very friendly and make you feel at home. It's the sort of place you can go on your own and not feel out of place. They provided very nicely cooked wholesome simple meals. I had brekfast and dinner in the refrectory. You are encouraged to help out by washing your own dishes as it has a communal atmosphere.
On my second visit i attended one of the centre's Meditation and Meal events in the evening. We were served a restaurant standard 3 course dinner in the
World Peace Cafe. Delicious. Highly recommened either for a stay or an
evening meal or lunch in the commercially run World Peace Cafe.

Pros: delicious meals in The World Peace Cafe, vegan friendly meals, lovely people

Cons: could do with some more vegan cake optio, wish you also had a cafe in derby, more buddhist items to buy eg statues

Return to Derby Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has World Peace Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2188 times since Jan 2012.