First Review by FUZZYGUY828

Love our Whole Foods! - Edit

They stay well stocked typically and have the latest vegan products typically as well. Like another person had mentioned, their staff is pretty much clueless about vegan products, even if you call and speak with the people who stock the shelves, they never seen to have heard of the brands and it's a little surprising and frustrating, but the staff is always super nice and willing to help! Endless vegan options and even in the prepared foods area!

Vegans Rejoice, They Have a Wellness Club - CLOSED - Edit

After this review was written, the Wellness Club has closed. I will revise when/if the health starts here program gets going. For now, the prepared foods are quite lacking in healthy options and they got rid of many healthy store-made products altogether. :-(

The Whole Foods Market Princeton is the best Whole Foods I've been to outside of their flagship store in Austin, TX. Most people know what WF's is about so I'll focus on what makes this store unique: They have a Wellness Club. The Wellness Club is a plant-based cooking, health and wellness club -- almost like a mini-health club -- that resides in the center of the store. They offer amazing cooking classes that are 100% plant-based or vegan and focus on teaching people how to live and eat healthy whole foods. The foundation of the school stems from the "Health Stars Here" nutritional guidance of Esselstyn (Engine 2), Jeff Novick, Dr. Fuhrman. They teach the tremendous benefits of eating a balanced plent-strong, whole foods diet and cooking delicious food without any added oil or salt.
Additionally, they partner with dozens of local wellness businesses like yoga studios which offer fitness classes in-store. And members of the program get discounts on produce, healthy foods and partner programs.
Most importantly, the Wellness Club is truly a community of compassionate people who support one another on the journey to better health, plant-strong eating and healthy cooking. We are so lucky to have a Wellness Club in Princeton... to my knowledge it's one of the only programs like this in the country.
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 24, 2013

Pros: Wellness Club (CLOSED), Still many vegan salad bar options

Cons: Can be expensive but you pay for quality, Store gets busy at peak times, Many of the best healthy foods are gone

3 Responses

djspe Yes it is very unfortunate they decided to pull the plug. Many of the "Wellness Club" healthy whole food options are gone now too. I hope that they will soon bring back some of the healthy no-oil prepared foods. For weeks they've had very little or none. I was also sad that they stopped making the "Wellness Baguette" which was the only real whole grain sprouted wheat baguette they sold. The yummy store made no-oil hummus, gone. No-oil dressings, gone...I can't figure out what they are doing :-/ It's like they just left us in the dark. I still love the employees at Whole Foods but the store is quickly going downhill. I tend to shop there much less now. I sincerely hope they will bring back a lot more "Health Starts Here" options.

A GREAT whole foods - Edit

This is the best Whole foods I've been to. They do everything well here. They even listened to my complaint about stocking something gross in the otherwise magnificent produce section. The staff is usually very good, just keep an eye on the bagger if you don't do it yourself: I had some knucklehead put 28 oz cans of tomato sauce on top of fresh fragile berries, doh!

This is my favorite WF I have been to, and I have seen quite a few. There are back roads to it, so if you hate Rt 1 like I do, I can give you back road directions. They seem to try to do positive in a culture (central NJ) that strongly resists and almost resents it.

Those who know go here!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 09, 2008

Pros: produce, bakery , deli

NOT SO VEGAN - Edit

Whole Foods is a chain so, you get what you pay for.
Unfortunately, I find the knowledge of these people lacking. Most of them are not Vegans or Vegetarians. When asked recently if this product was 'VEGAN', I was told to read the label.
HOW RUDE!
Also, since when is MILK PRODUCTS VEGAN? I guess you have to watch out when you read the label.
The staff here was 'wet behind the ears' and the prices seemed quite expensive.

Pros: Variety, Ease of check out

Cons: Staff not up to par, Expensive

Return to Princeton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1067 times since Feb 2008.