Whole Foods Market

• Health-food-store Health Store
831-333-1600

800 Del Monte Center, Monterey, California, USA, 93940

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by mandagrrl

Save yourself the grief and go to Capitola - Edit

The parking is terrible unless you shop when they first open. It is in the same lot as "the mall" in Monterey. The staff has always been rude and unhelpful each time we've shopped there. Not a great selection of produce. Only fair vegetarian and vegan options at the deli counter. I'll go to Capitola or Santa Cruz stores. Further away, but much better experiences and selections.

Pros: Not much

Cons: Rude and unhelpful staff, Poor selection, Limited parking

Great store - Edit

Any whole foods is great for most vegan & vegetarians. Huge range of groceries, eat in prepared meals or take away. Often they can be one of the best options when there aren't any dedicated vegan/veggie places. I know they have meat & dairy, but I think we should encourage more places to be like them and stock a big range. There are a few other options in the area, but if you are there for a few days whole foods will be a life saver.

same as other stores - Edit

As I was visiting with non-vegan friends for the weekend, I stopped in to pick up some vegan items for myself. I don't shop at WFM at home anymore and this store reminded me why. The butcher, seafood and cheese areas are prominent and the smell is strong. The restrooms are right next to the fish and it was difficult to stand there while waiting to use them. The deli area does have some vegan items, but not as many as other locations. I got a kale salad and a quinoa salad as well as two muffins, a blueberry and a chocolate. The salads were good, but the muffins were nothing to write home about. I was able to pick up some other basics, but I couldn't wait to leave to get away from the stench and "humane" myth marketing.

Pros: vegan basics

Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs

Nice, big store! - Edit

Whole Foods everywhere & anywhere, are often my fallback when I want something to eat on the go. They even had some vegan cake slices but they looked far prettier than they tasted, sadly.

Pros: good location, big store, lots of options

great store ! - Edit

I love this store. Just bought an awesome vegan pumpkin pie for the holiday. ! 365 is such a great value!

Pros: lots of products, fresh and healthy eats

Cons: wish it was bigger

Basic safe food - Edit

This is a full service Whole Foods Market with a good deli counter, hot soups, salad bar and all the fixings. Their hot food section is sometimes good, sometimes not so great. But, overall, there are lots and lots of safe food options for vegetarians, non-dairy folks, non-gluten folks, and other assorted food preferences or needs. Tables and chairs available inside and outside.

Pros: Lots of healthy choices, Positive staff, Great sandwiches

Cons: Cost, Hot food is sometimes mediocre

Vegan Valhalla - Edit

So what If Whole Foods is a chain of stores. I see that actually as a good thing. Better selection and better prices on good, organic, whole food. Things that we need to keep us healthy, happy and prospering on this big blue ball we call Earth. The 365 house brand is fantastic and quite a bargain really (most of it is organic to boot!). The veggies at this store have never ceased to amaze me and I am in love with the bulk section!

Pros: Organic Goods, Bulk Bins, Vegan friendly !

Cons: No Teese :(

Return to Monterey Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.