Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 610-358-1133

475 Wilmington Pike, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, USA, 19342

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Offers fresh produce including organic, deli and food bar, vitamins, supplements, body care products, grocery, and much more. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by VeganVegabond

I don't like Whole Foods but.... - Edit

This place is a vegan paradise...And as far as Whole Foods go its one of the nicest I've been to...Admittedly, it is overpriced and the politics of WF is troubling and worthy of boycott...

At the same time, I will sneak across the border into swanky Glenn Mills and indulge from time to time...

Most recently, I went for lunch and was in heaven with the vegan selections on the food bars..The number of kale and quinoa salads alone made me drool...And they also have a number of vegan pizza options w/ vegan cheese and mushrooms and, wow, looked fantastic..

After I ate my amazing combinations of plant based deliciousness, I was excited to see a number of (also very expensive) vegan cupcakes--the raspberry was delicious and inspired...I'm amazed it was vegan, frankly. I couldn't help but think this was all part of a fraud..But given the explosion of demand in vegan products, I suspect it was what I ate: A delicious dairy-free raspberry cupcake.

After lunch, I made the mistake of wandering the aisles and bought an assortment of delicious but way over-priced kale chips, vegan cheeses, and a number of other items--including an amazing six pack of craft beer made with blood oranges--they have a small but amazing beer selection and, of course, have a beer bar in the store! The selection of taps was impressive but several were nearing $10 and served in small tulip glass, so I passed (this time).

A two hour lunch and needless vegan grocery spree put me well over $40 in the hole - "lunch"

Did I mention how much I hate Whole Foods?! I'll likely sneak over there again before the summer is up...Vegan indulgence...

*Re Cons - In addition to being way too expensive there are number of other cons about WF worth learning about: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2006/03/is_whole_foods_wholesome.html

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-15

Pros: Amazing selection of vegan food

Cons: Way too expensive

Return to Glen Mills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 405 times since Sep 2013.