Whole Foods Market - Cambie

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 778-370-4210

510 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5Z 1C5

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by kimward8

Impressive - Edit

I had never been in a Whole Foods, but was happy to find out that there was one just below our friend's condo when we were visiting Vancouver. Some things are pricy, so I only bought specialty items that might not be easy to find elsewhere. The selection of vegan items is huge. The have a fantastic selection of Gardein, Field Roast, and other brands and...lots of Kombucha! They also have bottled fresh juices made in-store that were really good. The only thing I wish is if the soy yogourts/milks were all together in the refrigerated section so that I can see all of my options a little easier, as they're randomly dispersed with the dairy products. I can see why the store gets called "Whole Paycheck", but they do have mostly everything from produce to hygiene/beauty care to anything and everything in between.

Pros: Huge selection of vegan products, Fresh juice/smoothie bar, In-store restaurant/salad bar

Cons: Sells meat, Some items over-priced

Very good selection but unpleasant for vegetarians - Edit

I stopped buying there as meat products are very prevalent in this shop. The ever-present stench of meat/seafood is really unpleasant, and I remember a occasions where "fresh" meat/seafood was actively promoted.

Pros: Good selection, Nice Cafe attached

Cons: prevasive meat presence, Smell

Best supermarket in Vancouver - Edit

Sure Whole Foods is expensive and some say they may be corporate evils, but there are tons and tons of vegan options, the food is clearly labeled, the shelves are always stacked up nicely, the place is always clean, the lighting is comfortable, and they have tons of organic alternative brands. I would say without hesitation it's the best supermarket in town.

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Vegan croissants at the bakery

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Cambie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1468 times since Jul 2009.