White Orchids

610-841-7499

2985 Center Valley Parkway, Ste 200, Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, 18034

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai cuisine. Vegan menu and gluten free menu available upon request. Many vegan appetizers stir fry and noodle dishes. Full bar and lounge. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Erin Russek

Good Food but Watch Out - Edit

I was looking for a place to go for dinner before eating some Vegan Treats and decided on White Orchids after seeing here that they had labeled vegan items on the menu. I love Thai, but it can be a mine field, so seeing that made me feel confident that I could eat here safely.

They seemed knowledgeable about vegan concerns and the labeling was indeed clear. We let our waitress know we were both vegan and she pointed out some things and let us know about a couple off-menu choices as well. We got a red curry and drunken noodles, and everything came out quickly. Unfortunately, after a couple bites of the noodles, I noticed that what I had initially thought were tofu crumbles were in fact fried egg.

They were very understanding when I notified the waitress and brought out a replacement immediately. I think they must have been making two of the same dish in the kitchen and brought us the wrong one. Once that was worked out, everything was very good.

My only real complaint is that I would have expected them to comp the entree if they messed it up like that, especially at these prices (entrees are 20+). They did bring us out a free dessert, but we we already had vegan treats and they didn't ask first, so we ended up feeling like we had to eat something else we didn't even want. It kind of felt like they didn't take vegan diets seriously.

Overall I would not eat here again.

Pros: Well labeled menu

Cons: Poor service / wrong order, Very expensive, Don't seem to take vegan diets seriously

terrible and no taste! - Edit

I went here twice in the past few months and both times were awful. The tofu was gross and the main dishes were tasteless. I have never had to add so much salt and different sauces to something to make it taste some what okay. It's also extremely expensive for the tiny amount of food they give you.

น่าอัศจรรย์ (Amazing) - Edit

Awesome food for vegans! Before I went vegan I randomly tried their vegan Pad thai one day and it was horrendous! After getting my taste buds used to vegan food, I decided to try it again and it was amazing! If you love Thai, I recommend.

Pros: yummy, service, nice music

Excellent Vegan Thai Food - Edit

Fresh Thai food splendidly presented and prepared. Although not technically a vegan restaurant, they have a vegan menu with a good assortment of items. Ordering an entree very spicy should be done so advisedly. Nice casual atmosphere but make reservations for the busier nights.

Pros: Friendly and courteous staff, Vegan Options, Excellent curries

Splendid - Edit

I took a chance on swinging past here on my way to the airport. It was SO worth it! They have a separate vegan (as well as a separate g-free) menu. Plenty of choices and are located in a very nice plaza/promenade. Clean venue and friendly staff. I had the pad-see-ew as an entree and chose the mixed veggie tempura (can't remember what they called it) appetizer. Sorry no pictures of the tasty victuals - but I ate as I sped my way to the airport.

Pros: great variety, nice location, speedy service

Cons: none

Wonderful Atmosphere - Edit

My sister took me to White Orchids with her hubby and her step daughter. Everyone in the party was pleased with what they ordered from appetizers to entrees.

On another visit, we made sure to share and blend (my) red curry and (her) pad thai. A perfect combo ad plenty to take some home,

Pros: presentation, flavor festival, many options

Cons: spendy, strip mall location, reservations recommended

White Orchids = Yummy - Edit

I love Thai food, and this restaurant offers delicious Thai options. I was very happy to find that when you order a meal "mild", it actually is mild, but not at all lacking in flavor. Also, this is good quality food, not like greasy take out. This place is nice for a date night out, a movie theatre is located in the same shopping complex. They use a lot of locally grown food. I definitely recommend checking this place out.

Pros: A lot of Vegetarian Options, Pleasant Atmosphere, Nice Bar List

Cons: Expensive, May need reservations, No vegan desserts

Return to Center Valley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has White Orchids closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.