Well Being

Serves Asian vegan cuisine with tofu or faux meat like veggie chicken or veggie balls. Appetizers, curries, Asian noodles, soy ice cream, and coffee with soy milk. All-you can-eat buffet Saturday 11:30am-3pm. Tue-Fri 11:30am-3:30pm, Tue-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 3:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Vegan, Buffet, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by surleau

brought back a childhood memory - Edit

When I was a kid, I loved Bami Goreng, but after becoming a vegetarian at the age of 11 and a few years later a vegan, I haven't eaten this dish in decades. At "Well Being" I ordered Bami Goreng and was pleased! It was even more delicious as a vegan dish in my memory.
Well, everything was fine, the food was delicious, the staff was very friendly. You may think it's a bit pricey, but they use organic vegetables, which justifies it. I love this place. :) And it's always nice to choose a dish out of the entire menu, because everything is vegan.

Pros: organic vegetables, quiet place, very friendly staff

okay but nothing fancy. - Edit

Wellbeing is a fully vegan asian restaurant in middle of the center, in Cologne, which started to offer only organic vegan food a couple of day ago.

I have been there twice. The food is delicious and prices are fair. But nothing special at all.

Pros: recently started to cook only organic, healty food, friendly stuff

vegan done so well - Edit

An incredible extensive range of Asian vegan dishes. Order the 'duck' for sure. Something for everyone, well worth booking as it gets busy! Friendly staff and English menus available

A great place for a weekend brunch - Edit

A great variety of dishes, including scrambled tofu, baked mushrooms, beans, salads, spreads, fresh bread. The price-quality ratio was also great. Good coffee, great location.

Pros: Scrambled tofu on brunch menu!, Price-quality ratio, Variety of dishes

Cons: Opening times info is confusing

First vegan restaurant in Cologne - Edit

I think this was the first all vegan restaurant opening in Cologne, and it is still one of the best. You get a wide range of vegan asian dishes, the stuff is friendly, the meals are tasty and portions are big.

Pros: Very good food, all vegan, Friendly stuff, Wide range of options

Cons: Sometimes overcrowded

Good Food - Edit

I liked the staff, she was nice, though it was a little strange that she didn't ask if the food was good, but said the food tasted good without knowing what we thought... She was a little bossy and I didn't like that she just took our plates as soon as they were almost empty and just took it away. Otherwise, it was nice... good food, big portions nice vibe and so on...sorry if I made mistakes ;)

Best vegan restaurant in Cologne - Edit

If you're looking for a vegan restaurant in Cologne, then WELL BEING should be your No. 1 choice. I know that it's mine for certain. First of all I'm vegan, secondly I like Asian cuisine and the food just is delicious. For starters try the mango salad or one of the rice paper rolls. As a main course I'd recommend the Curry Saigon which consists of pumpkin and sweet potato in a creamy curry sauce. You can taste that everything is freshly made and very healthy. Apart from a few deep fried dishes (Veggie Duck, Deep Fried Tofu) everything is not very fatty. Most of the main courses contain lots of vegetables, which is really nice.

Pros: fresh food, not expensive, most delicious Vietnamese food ever

Cons: sometimes very full

Cozy and Delicious - Edit

We've been here quite a few times, and even though sometimes the food was a bit spicy for my taste, it was almost always delicious and fresh. The staff is super friendly. Try the lunch menu, it's a real bargain.

Pros: Many options, Freshly prepared, Nice staff

Cons: Sometimes too spicy for my taste

Perfekt! - Edit

Was für ein schöner Laden.

Viel Auswahl.
Alles was ich probierte war sehr lecker (Sommerrollen, Ente und Reiskuchen).
Die Bedienung war ein Traum. Super freundlich, auf Zack und hatte Ahnung von der Karte.

Wer lecker vegan-asiatisch essen möchte sollte unbedingt hier her gehen!

Pros: Bedienung, Auswahl, Geschmack

Fantastic - Edit

This must be my favorite vegan restaurant in the world. Everything is freshly prepared, no glutamate nor artificial additives, brilliant vietnamese style food, very tasty mock meats, generous portions, amazing menu. I love this place..

Pros: Great food

Cons: No parking outside

Not impressed - Edit

After reading fantastic reviews here my husband and I were looking forward to eat out in a nice vegan place after having visited the Christmas market.
However: the service was extremely slow, had to wait a good 15-20 minutes only for the drinks to arrive. It turned out I´ve got something else than asked for. Another 20 minutes waiting for the right one... The food: curry for my husband - he was happy with it and on top of that they could prepare it for him less spicy. My vegan fish noodle soup got also muddled up, by the time I had it on th table, my husband almost finished his meal and I got a cold soup with not much taste... I would say I could have made this at home, very average. The portions are decent, the menu is OK, it seems a very popular place and saw lots of families with their kids coming, which is a plus.

Amazing food and great people/atmosphere! - Edit

We were on our way back from Essen to Saarbrucken and only had 2-3 hours in Cologne. We wanted to get a good meal instead of just getting something near the station. We found this place on HappyCow and I'm so happy we looked it up! The place was easy to find; a little away from the main station (40 min walk through a nice shopping streets) but very close from the city center, Rudolfplatz so by U-bahn it's less than 10 min to reach from the station.

We were overwhelmed with the variety of menu they had.. so sad that we were only 2 girls and couldn't really try out more menu.. We had our heart sat on curries and the owner/staff recommended the eggplant red curry (the others are mango curry and saigon curry with sweet potatoes and pumpkin) .. and it was absolutely the BEST curry I've ever had! Quite spicy so we really liked it but if you don't like spicy food you might want to ask them to make it milder (but don't skip it because of the spiciness!) Noodle salad was also good. The sauce was tangy and unique and veggies were served warm over lettuce and rice noodle.

Next time, I'll definitely try the vegan Pho and the hot pot.. and maybe the 'vegan duck' menu too. I can totally to to Cologne again (with more people) just to visit this restaurant!

The place is not so big but very cozy, clean and has a nice atmosphere. The owner/staff is also extremely nice and speaks very good English!

Pros: Tasty food, Kind staffs & cozy atmosphere, Big portion

Cons: ...uh...too many options to choose from?

Lots of choice - Edit

Lots of choice. Big portions. The main course was a bit too fatty. The restaurant resembles a Loving Hut restaurant. I had the impression that I'd rather not order a dessert because they could then use the table for other people (who were waiting for a place), that was a little bit unpleasant but the food is good.

Pros: Big portions, Lots of choice

Cons: Rushed staff, Too fatty main course

best vegan restaurant in cologne - Edit

I've been there twice so far and I really loved it. The portions are huge and it's quite inexpensive. Everything tastes fresh and especially vegetables are great there; as well as the variety. The place seems to be quite new (maybe it is) and the owner(?) is REALLY friendly and helpful. We even had a kind of quantity discount when coming with a bigger group of people (we had a limited budget, of course) In fact, there's nothing negative to mention at all.

Pros: extremely helpful staff, huge portions and cheap prices, food's very good

Tasty, reasonably priced vegan food. - Edit

I ate at Well Being in July 2013, it's in an easy to reach location near the centre of Cologne. There was a lot of choice for a vegan and the mango curry that I ate was delicious and felt really healthy. The restaurant itself gave off a vibe of healthiness and goodness as did the person who served me my food

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy food, Very vegan

Amazing Dish - Edit

I loved my food. Came quickly and was spicy, which is rare for Europe. Drank a whole liter of water just because of it! Nice people, good selection :) They closed early that day and it was unexpected and kind of awkward though, like in the middle of the afternoon. They had to send away some folks, hope they didnt eat meat afterwards.

Pros: Spicy food, good service, great selection

Cons: No credit cards, ran out of vegan chocolate ice cream

great food, nice staff - Edit

I went to well being for some take out (take away as they say in Germany). Great food, good prices and the nicest staff ever. I got some complimentary tea while waiting for my order.
Food was hot even though English menu did not indicate that (some other items did).

Pros: great taste, good prices, super nice staff

Cons: none

My favourite in town! - Edit

One of the best asian restaurants I've ever tasted in my life. Everything is prepared fresh. My recommendation: the soups! If you like soups as main dishes, you'll love it here! Summerrolls, springrolls and "Glücksrolls" (Happyness-Rolls) are also outstanding. The currys are great and delicious, too.
No alcohol due to religious reasons, but the Well Being is in the very middle of the city, where all the bars and clubs of Cologne resides - so you will not miss it.

Pros: Soups!, very fresh and tasty, cheep

Cons: music (it's not loud, but ugly)

Disappointing vegan food - Edit

I was really looking forward to Well Being, based on the reviews I was hoping for a healthy tasty vegan meal. I am vegan and went with 2 vegetarians and a meat eater and all four of our meals were very salty. The restaurant and staff were pleasant and maybe there are other good options on the menu but the 4 main dishes we tried were very salty and i wouldn't return based on this experience. Shame!

Pros: nice atmosphere , pleasant staff, wide selection

Cons: in our experience the food was salty

Great place in town - Edit

It was a nice dinner.
I had some fried noodle w veggie and tofu
really tasty and good .
Just one bad thing : the music!! some old 90's techno, not the kind of music I expect from a asian vegan restaurant WTF? lol
They have an english menu

Pros: tasty, cheap, clean

Cons: music (lol)

Great tasting food and friendly staff - Edit

The staff at Well Being we're extremely helpful and quick. They were patient with our lack of German language skills and provided us with an English menu. There were plenty of options for appetisers and mains. We've been a couple of times and would return if we were to ever visit Cologne again.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great tasting food

Amazing food and friendly service - Edit

I went there about three weeks ago and I can not recommend this place enough. We had vegan sushi as an appetizer, which was some of the best sushi I had ever tried (and I tried a lot)!! It is not on their regular menu and usually has to be ordered in advance, so make sure to phone them if you want to try it, especially if you are in a larger group. In our case, the staff was so friendly to make an exception for us :) Me and my mom both ate the "Curry Saigon" (coconut milk with sweet potatoes, pumpkin and carrots) as a main dish, which was really delicious, but my sister's main course, which contained a wasabi-based sauce (but was not very spicy) was even more amazing!! The soy ice-cream is also very good, I wish I could eat there more often :)

Pros: delicious, quick service, friendly staff

Cons: relatively small portions

Great place! - Edit

I was happy to find this place after a long way. We came by feet from city center (Dom), tired and hungry. There were several small rooms, so it was quiet and not disturbing, even there were many people chating.
It was definitly our day, because on Satuday "Well Being" had a buffet. Amazing! We cound't get any word in German, but people sitting next to us explained that during the buffet, you pay only 12 euros and after you can eat as much as you wish....hehe....So lunch for two people with jasmine tea went to be 27 euros. The choice was great! There were rice, pasta, some curry, many soy meat...Everything was yummy and vegan! There was even some choice of dessert. The staff was very friendly and polite (!). I didn't see that they were tired or stressed. Hope to come back one more time )) I took some picts of this place, I will upload them soon. Namaste

Pros: everything is vegan, price, atmosphere

Cons: bit far from center

Great food for reasonable prices - Edit

I've been to Well-Being several times and I was NEVER diappointed. I even took some non-veg(etari)an friends there and they really liked it. The food is fresh, tasty and the prices cannot be beat. (I paid less than 40 euros for the four of us, including drinks!) The stuff is very nice and the restaurant is located very central.

Pros: tasty, cheap, nice stuff

cheap hole in the wall - Edit

Yesterday I went for the first time to this asian influenced restaurant, and I was happily surprised!
Relaxed atmosphere, a wide range of dishes, cheap (for organic ingredients!) and big portions.
Be aware, from the outside it looks closed, but they open every day!

Pros: wide range, big portions, relaxed atmosphere

This place is spot-on - Edit

I love that everything is vegan at this restaurant.

Ate here with my boyfriend while passing through Cologne on our way down to Italy. The food was divine. My boyfriend had a tasty fried rice with seitan dish and I had a curry tofu dish. Both were great.

And the prices weren't bad considering how expensive other vegan/veggie restaurants can be. My plate was 7 euros and my boyfriend's was 6 euros. Very reasonable for all-organic and all-vegan food. I don't think anything on the menu was more than 7 euros, actually.

Our waiter (Japanese I think) tried very hard to translate everything on the menu for us because we don't speak/read German.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, reasonable price

Good Food - Good priced Chinese - Edit

We dined here 4 times during our stay. Basically vege Chinese type food with a number of different options. No alcohol and menu was in German but amiable host translates and recommends. Large portions. Excellent value and strongly recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, large portions

Cons: Menu in German, No alcohol

Hugely Recommended ! - Edit

This wonderful new place is really easy to get to from any part of downtown Cologne. Although the extensive menu is in German, Anh the owner was so outgoing and friendly, giving me a point by point translation of the dishes on offer. It shows the virtue in having a long-time vegetarian as an owner.
I visited this place - with a tidy canteen type decor - twice during my recent short visit to Cologne, and had on separate occasions some plain rice with stir-fried veggie "chicken" and vegetables in addition to spring rolls and some alcohol-free beer, and on the Sunday a generous serving of fried rice plus miso soup, together with some seriously tasty summer rolls accompanied by a lovely coconut-type dip.
Neither occasion set me back with my most recent visit costing just twelve euro. The food is absolutely top-notch, and although the outside of the building may not be as flash or noticeable as others nearby, you shan't be disappointed and are bound to receive a warm welcome. It's a pity more places in my hometown aren't like Well Being.

Pros: Delicious., Welcoming., Out of this World.

Best Vegan asian restaurant in Cologne.. - Edit

The best vegan asian restaurant in cologne ..very delicious meals .. and right in the center of cologne next to the famous Aachener Street and the Rudolfplatz.
:) ..

Pros: Tasty, delicious, best asian food

Amazing food - Edit

Me and my girlfriend recently found this restaurant and we've been quite a few times in the past few weeks. As we're both vegan it's perfect - there's a wide selection of food/drinks and the staff are super-friendly. The restaurant itself is nice, perfectly clean and well maintained.

Highly recommended!

Pros: Great vegan food, Friendly staff, Fair pricing

Contributions +45

A beautiful experience - Edit

I visited Well Being twice while I was in cologne, and had a 3 course meal both times (costing around 15 Euro including a cup of tea.) The sushi was divine, the mango curry creamy and a perfect consistency, and the tofu and fake ch*cken in the curry were delicious. The man who served us was really friendly and spoke to us in good English, even when we went in there sopping wet and dripping all over the beautiful restaurant!
The decor is simple, spotlessly clean, light, fresh and beautiful.

Put it on your list of things to do in Cologne!

Pros: All vegan, Huge range, So tasty!

Das Beste Vegane Essen gibts hier - Edit

Das Essen ist super lecker . Ich kann dieses tolle Restaurant nur empfehlen :)
This restaurant is soo good :)

Try the bami-goreng its so delicious

Pros: Best Food, delicious, nice athmosphere

Cons: -, -, -

Great vegan asian food - Edit

Tasty, mainly vegan restaurant in the heart of Cologne. Easily the biggest choice of vegan dishes in the city. The menu offers a great range of viet thai inspired meals, but also includes sushi and pasta. If you dig mock duck or mock pork with deliciously prepared fresh vegetables, you need to eat here!

Pros: greatest choice of vegan dishes in Colog, Well prepared, friendly service

Return to Cologne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Well Being closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11187 times since May 2010.