WB Pizza - Allisonville Rd

Contact 317-205-5555

6165 Allisonville Rd, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46220

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza place with multiple vegan choices noted on the menu including soy cheese. Makes dough and sauce in-house. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kaduhacissej

Great lunch at WB Pizza - Try the Vegan Stromboli! - Edit

Stopped in for a quick week-day lunch and was pleasantly surprised with all the vegan items denoted on the menu with a "V". I decided on the Vegan Stromboli and wasn't disappointed. The smallish dining room was comfortable. The restaurant was clean. The server was VERY helpful in recommending vegan options and the pricing was fair. I will be back! Check out our mini-review on Indy Vegan Family: http://bit.ly/ZOesYf

Pros: Vegan options, Price, Quality ingredient

Cons: Smallish dining room

Great Vegan Pizza - Edit

I was here visiting from Colorado and looking for a vegan restaurant and stumbled upon this place.... It was great!! Very friendly staff and fresh food!! I rarely get to have vegan pizza and this was one of the best!! I'll definitely come back the next time I'm in Indy,,,

Pros: Great food

Many vegan options (plus super friendly server!) - Edit

I have to agree with other reviewers: This place really understand vegan and has so many vegan options to choose from.

Our waitress, Kathy, is vegan and she walked us through the menu and gave some great recommendations. The three different kinds of crust are all vegan, the sauce is vegan, and there are even hints of future vegan desserts in the work (fingers crossed!).

We tried the garlic bread and it was sooo good. That garlic "butter" (all vegan!) was amazing and we saved some to go on the pizza we ordered.

The only downside is that the pizzas do run a bit expensive unless you stick to one or two toppings only.

Pros: many options, Kathy is fantastic, that garlic butter!

Cons: Bit expensive

Really Nice Pizza! - Edit

WB Pizza runs a nice pizza business. The owner's wife (also a waitress) is vegan, and very funny/friendly/helpful with the menu.

They serve very nice veggie pizzas with vegan cheese as an option, vegan crust, tomato sauce made without beef stock, etc. They're also not into wings and beer like a lot of college-area pizza places (I view this as a positive for dine-in).

If you're in the mood for pizza, give this place a go.

Pros: Yummy pizza, Friendly, knowledgeable staff

They really understand Vegan - Edit

I planned a party for my friend here. One of us is vegan one is vegetarian and the other a meat eater. They were able to serve all of us and I being the vegan was very happt to be able to have some pizza. They serve a cheese made from soy that tastes like goat cheese or feta. Very nice and our waitress is vegan too

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good portions

Cons: small, not close enough to my house

Awesome Vegan-friendly pizza place! - Edit

The first thing that caught my attention was the Vegan-friendly menu. Menu Items that were vegan were identified on the menu. Even though teese (vegan soy cheese from Chicago soy dairy) is not listed on the menu, you can order it for your pizza. Teese is one of the best vegan cheeses I have tried. I love that even though I am a vegan, I can get a pizza with soy cheese! They also have amazing stone ground whole wheat crust as an option for their three types of crust, Hand-tossed, thin-crust, and deep-dish. Who would have thought that after going vegan you could have a wheat crust, deep-dish, vegan pizza which soy cheese at a restaurant?! Their Deep-dish pizzas are not greasy either. They have four Delicious appetizers that are vegan as well! To add more credibility toward the vegan friendliness of WB, WB pizza's owner's girlfriend is vegan. Hence, the vegan additions. I have personally been there four times and each time I get a glimpse of vegan heaven.
(one side note: If you order the whole wheat deep dish, expect to wait a while because it takes a long time to cook. The wait time is totally worth it though.)

Pros: Stone-ground Wheat Crust, Teese option, Vegan-friendly menu (many options)

Yum! - Edit

Great pizza (and more) place just a few blocks from my house that has VEGAN CHEESE! That is a super rare find in Indy. They use Teese mozzarella on request. Last time I was there they didn't have it on the menu, but they will add it. They also have vegan garlic butter which is also super delicious. I love that you can also get whole wheat crusts for calzones or pizzas. Servers are always ridiculously friendly and helpful. Downside is that it is small inside and they aren't usually too busy, so they have been closed early when they haven't had much business. Upside is they deliver when I'm feeling lazy.

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan garlic butter, whole wheat crust

Cons: tiny

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WB Pizza - Allisonville Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2292 times since Jan 2011.