Warung Jakarta

Poękna 28/34, Warsaw, Poland

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indonesian restaurant with at least 4 vegan suitable main courses.

Categories: Indonesian, Non-veg

First Review by KrzysztofGubański

Leckere Gerichte präsentiert auf Bananenblättern - Edit

Sehr leckere Speisen, die auf Bananenblättern statt Tellern serviert werden. Außerdem kann man bei den veganen Gerichten zwischen Reis oder Gemüse als Beilage wählen. Uns hat es hier sehr, sehr gut gefallen. Allerdings war das “Vegan Rendang“ wirklich sehr scharf!

Pros: Einige vegane und vegetarische Gerichte, Tolle Präsentation der Speisen auf Bananenblättern, Wahl zwischen Reis und Gemüse als Beilage

Cons: Etwas längere Wartezeit

Good hearty Indonesian food - Edit

We happened to come across this place, I was ideally looking for an all-veg restaurant but when I saw this had good vegan options we took a chance as I especially love Indonesian food.

The food was good and fairly authentic. Served in a nice little basket with a banana leaf. The tofu satay was very crispy (how I like it!) and the rendang was very flavourful. The bean sprouts were surprisingly good too. If I were being picky I usually like a bit more peanut sauce (swimming in peanut sauce!) but that's just my preference.

Hope they continue to add vegan / veggie options. I was a little disappointed to see the sweetcorn fritters weren't vegan as they are usually my favourite (I definitely would have tried them otherwise).

Overall very glad we found this place on our short stay in Warsaw.

Pros: Good flavours, Good portions, Authentic

Cons: Ran out of bintang when we visited, Could have more choice for vegan starters

Pretty good all round - Edit

The food is decent with some good vegetarian/vegan options. The spring rolls were great and the gado gado & rendang were both nice.

Quite fair asian food - Edit

If you look for vegan asian food, thst's the place to be. However do not expect it will blow your mind. Quite average quality for that price. Fair but not extraordinary.

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Warung Jakarta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.