First Review by meatless1

Just okay - Edit

Staff was friendly, not many vegan options at all. Breakfast was okay I forgot to ask for no oil and it came out very oily..taste wasn't bad yet make sure you ask for no oil when doing the Boulder or Dana's Temph scramble. Sub cheese for their vegan chz or no chz, I added vegan sausage, sides were fruit cup and potatoes. Needed more flavoring, would like it if they had vegan pastries, great spot for vegetarians.

Good brunch food - a bit too oily at times - Edit

I've eaten here over ten times because of the tempeh and tofu scrambles served with breakfast potatoes. They also have a tasty vegan sausage (additional $s). The food can be too oily at times, so I ask them for no oil. The staff are vegan - knowledgeable and always get the adapted orders right. They have a good chai/chocolate chai too. I just wish the portions were a little bigger...

Pros: good for breakfast/brunch, can take non-veg friends who will like the menu, yummy breakfast potatoes

Cons: oily, portions a little small

Walnut Cafe - Super Mini - Edit

My husband and I ate at Walnut Cafe - Super Mini and were quite happy with the staff and the menu. We ate breakfast there on a cold, snowy day and the cafe was a little chilly, but the staff was warm, friendly and knowledgeable about vegan and gluten free.
Vegan options were available (some were by substituting a vegan item for a non-vegan one).
My husband had a tempeh dish, and I had tofu rancheros type of dish. The salsa is quite spicy. We will certainly go back.

Pros: knowledgeable staff, accommodating, vegan options

Cons: cold room

Return to Lafayette Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Walnut Cafe - Super Mini closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 823 times since Jan 2012.