Pho Vina

Contact 206-988-1899

15623 1st Ave S (at 156th St), Burien, Washington, USA, 98148

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a separate vegetarian (mostly vegan) menu and has vegan bubble tea. Relaxed atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by CulinaryDreamer

IMPRESSESED YES - Edit

Super satisfied that there was a regular and a vegetarian menu. I must say the staff was friendly and delivered our food fast! The pho with veggies and tofu was great- but not the best I had! Make sure to squeeze the lemon, it instantly made the pho taste better. Their fresh rolls which had peanut sauce for dipping was to die for! Seriously loved it! My friend and I are coming back here for sure.

We eat here at least once a week. - Edit

This is a great place. Everything we've had has been great but I usually have the vegan pho ga or the vegan combo pho. His faves are the vegan combo pho or the vegan chow fun. All are generous portions of fresh tasting broths and sauces and contain your choice of tofu or seitan and lots of veggies.

The lot itself is small but there is plenty of parking around the corner in the Azteca/Value Village lot just a few steps away.

Pros: freshness, vegan choices, value

If this site allowed me to give 5 stars, I would - Edit

This restaurant has so many vegan options. They have an entire menu dedicated to vegetarian options, more than half can be ordered vegan. It can get very busy as it is a small restaurant, but service is always great and the food is always delicious. I eat here at least once a week.

Pros: entire vegetarian/vegan menu, great prices, delicious food

Cons: difficult to find parking sometimes, can get very busy

Enjoyed all my visits - Edit

I'm the only vegetarian in the family, so nice to find a restaurant that has options for all of us. I've ordered the "chicken" chow mein and also the "pork" noodle soup with crisp veggie egg rolls. They were all delicious. The hostess/server has always been extremely friendly. My family has enjoyed their meat dishes too. The staff isn't polished by any means but they seem good-hearted and it's nice to find a veggie friendly place outside of Seattle.

Pros: Large selection of veggie items, Noodle Soups are Excellent, Crispy Eggrolls

Cons: Small parking lot, Little slow

FAILing at Veganism, Winning at Vomit - Edit

Whats multi-colored, chunky, and tastes awful? Their food coming back up.

Upon sitting down, we were given a regular menu, and a separate vegetarian menu. The waitress (the only one on staff)clearly spoke little English. I had to ask which of the bubble teas were able to be made dairy free 3 times, telling her I get horribly sick from milk before she gave up and got the cook to answer my question. We then ordered from the menu, making sure to say "The VEGAN ___". Our appetizer came, and it looked like real pork. I tugged it, smelled it, and even still I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Nope. Real. Sent it back, and asked the cook to make sure the rest of our order was made vegan. Almost immediately after asking her, 1 of our plates arrived. We asked again, just to clarify, and were assured it was not real beef this time. Being the skeptic, I poked and prodded it. Grizzle. The person I was with tasted it and confirmed it to be beef. When our other plate came (it was a tofu dish so there was no need to ask about this one) we told them the previous was not vegan. Again, we were told that it was. Upon receiving our receipt the cook came out again and apologized, because the dish really wasn't vegan. Issued a refund for it, and send us on our way.

And yes,I really did vomit from their food.

Pros: Fast and friendly service

Cons: EVERYTHING else

Return to Burien Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Vina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1183 times since Oct 2010.