Viet Taste

410-860-1106

215 North Blvd, Salisbury, Maryland, USA, 21801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese restaurant with a surprising number of vegan suitable dishes (for this area) under the vegetarian section of the menu. Sample dish include a braised gluten with pepper. Elsewhere on the menu are a vegan pho, a veggie fried rice that can be made without egg. The owners seem to be always onsite. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by liko

I love this place! - Edit

My husband and I visit this place as often as we can. I love the summer rolls w/peanut sauce and get them every time! We share the salted tofu as an appetizer, delish!!!! Pho, rice noodles w/ veggies and tofu are among my favorites. Husband likes the Gluten and Tofu Stir Fry, looks lovely!!! The staff is very courteous and helpful. If you are vegan, be sure to let them know as the chef can alter ingredients so that you don't end up getting oyster or fish sauce in your food.

Pros: helpful/friendly staff, excellent quality food, nice size portions

Best Fried Rice and Pretty Good Vegan Pho - Edit

Family run, owners are all there when I've been there. On the takeout menu, there is a Vegetarian Dishes section. Supposedly dishes V4 through V10 are vegan. I've had the Braised Gluten with Pepper, which also has a subtle garlic flavor to it, and it tastes a lot like braised beef. I also had the Crispy Salted Tofu, which was great but too salty, ha ha. But, I found out you can ask for less salt, so I will next time. The Vegetarian Summer Rolls are pretty good too. My favorite is the Vegetarian Fried Rice, but I did request no egg to make it vegan. Best fried rice I've had in years! Also, I was missing pho, and Chef Dong's wife makes a veggie broth for the pho, using 4 or 5 vegetables, she said. The broth is not very flavorful, but I doctored it with soy sauce and sriracha and let the bowl sit while I ate something else, and then it was a nice bowl of veggie pho, complete with chunks of deep-fried tofu in it. There are other vegan dishes scattered throughout the menu. I hope someday they will offer a vegan Thai Iced Tea, with soy milk or something. We'll see. In the meantime, it's great to have some vegan Vietnamese food!

Cons: No dairy-free Thai iced tea., They need a vegan menu.

Return to Salisbury Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Viet Taste closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.