Vic's Pizzeria

Contact 360-943-8044

233 Division St NW (at Harrison), Olympia, Washington, USA, 98502

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzas by the slice or made-to-order, calzones, salads, and desserts. Vegans get a choice of Ana's Vegan Sauce (nutritional yeast, tahini, and garlic yumminess) or vegan white sauce instead of cheese on pizzas or in calzones, and there are usually vegan slices available. Lots of toppings including two types of tofu, mango chutney, and spinach. Whole wheat crust available. Will accommodate requests. Olympia beer on tap as well as other beers and wines. Coffees available with soy or rice milk. Relaxed atmosphere, non-smoking. Free Wi-fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by thrulooknglass

Best vegan pizza in the world - Edit

Count on Vics for awesome vegan pizza nothing boring about this pizza. Just had slice of the day and it was great!

Pros: Vegan options and good beer

Cons: It's no free

No cheese, please - Edit

Yes, there are vegan options. Yes, they are separated from the other non-vegan pizzas. No, they don't use different spatulas to serve the pizza, nor do they have separate heaters for the pizzas. But yes, they are delicious. They also serve vegan cookies and other desserts. Mmmm, delicious!

Pros: Fresh pizza, Cold pizza is still delicious, vegan desserts

Cons: contaminated spatulas

Vegan slices and craft beer - Edit

I love Vic's, used to get 'zza here all the time when I lived on the westside. They have a vegan pizza that changes daily with a great assortment of sauces and toppings. Vic's is the ONLY place in Oly where you can get vegan pizza by the slice. Great beer selection to boot. It can get kind of crowded sometimes but it's worth it.

Pros: Vegan slices!, Local craft beer!

Cons: Crowded on weekend nights

Great pizza, great atmosphere good prices. - Edit

Amazing pizza we always end up going to the vegan of the day or custom made calzone. Their vegan salads and desserts are amazing. The kids (mostly vegetarian) always enjoy their cheese slices and occasionally ice cream. The Tumwater location feels a little less family friendly but the west side original is very family friendly and frequently over 50% full.

Pros: good food, great prices, large portions

Cons: very popular on weekends

I will return! yum! - Edit

I've lived in Olympia for 9 years, but this was my first visit. It won't be my last. I got the vegan calzone with the spicy tex-mex sauce. I got the white crust. Very good. Took my mom-vegan son and he very much enjoyed his pizza too

Pros: lots of choices, fast service

Cons: could be too noisy for some but ok for us

delicious vegan pizzas - Edit

Being from the portland area, we have only been to vics once. Had a pizza w marinara base, veggies, topped with southwestern vegan cheeze sauce. $ 24 for an xl. Delicious. They have other bases besides marinara, all are vegan. They have three vegan cheese sauces. Spicy tofu topping option. Calzones. I look forward to going back to try different flavors. They also sell pizza by the slice. The one they put out while wewe were there was gone in ten minutes. 5 star vegan pie.

Pros: reasonable prices, lots of vegan choices, delicious

Cons: not in portland, too busy

Good place - for breeders - Edit

The pizza was good, so was the calzone, but this is not a place for anyone who does not have kids. Couples and singles should go somewhere else because you WILL be bombarded by screaming kids. The acoustics are such that all the noisy kids are amplified ten time. Dumb parent ineffectual attempts to quiet the kids only adds to the annoyance factor. There are other places for normal people to have pizza and brew, leave this place to the breeders.

Pros: Good pizza, Good Calzone, Couple of good draughts

Cons: Terrible kids, bad acoustics

Okay - Edit

I had the vegan pizza with the white sauce. I was not impressed a bit. It could be a lot better and does not sick out in my mind as even a vegan option it was so unimpressive.

Pros: Nice interior

Cons: Okay food

The Best Pizza and Calzones - Edit

Every time I've gone there I've had delicious food and I've never had a problem with any of the waitstaff. They aren't abundantly friendly, but they haven't ever been rude either. They have an awesome beer selection and their vegan pizzas actually offer some selection on crust, sauces, and so many toppings!

Pros: awesome food, good music, recycling

Cons: sometimes the bathroom needs attention

Awful Experience - Edit

We eat a whole foods, low fat, vegan diet, so we're always looking for good places to eat out that meet our dietary needs. I read online that Vic's has lots of vegetarian/vegan choices, and their website proudly says they 'try to accommodate all dietary requests'. Their online menu has some lovely vegan dishes, but most everything appeared to be loaded with fat. So, I called Vic's to ask a couple of questions. The girl who answered the phone sounded like she was 12, and didn't know their menu is mostly high fat ('Tahini and soy butter are mostly fat? Thanks for educating me' (in a sarcastic tone).). It was clear she wasn't really interested in 'accommodating our dietary requests', and at one point said 'Why do you even bother going out to eat at all?'. That's when I hung up. I'm sure their food tastes great, but if you're looking for healthful food choices and decent customer service, I suggest you go someplace else.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices

Cons: Uninformed, snippy staff, Very high fat food, High prices

Vic's Pizza is the best!!!!! - Edit

I love Vic's Pizza!

I go here all the time for lunch. They always have vegan pizza slices available! One or two vegan pastries are always available. And quite often the soup of the day is vegan. And there is always couscous w/ black beans available, which is vegan.

Try it, try it; you'll love it! :)
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 26, 2011

Pros: good food, fast, friendly

Vegan Pizza - Edit

What's not to love about a place that always has vegan pizza ready to eat! Very creative, every time something new. Calzones yummy too. Yellow and white sauce. Can't undertand why any vegan would give Vic's less than a 5 star rating. Guys, they always have good vegan pizza. Lemmonade pretty good too. My hubby isn't vegan, loves the pizza too. We eat for less than $9.

Pros: Good food, friendly staff, creativity

Sweet Local & Evergreen Pizza Pizzaz! - Edit

Comfortable, excellent pizza. They care about making your order for veggie/ vegan or gluten free. THEY HAVE THE BEST HOMEMADE LEMONADE!!! This is located in the old Asterisks', which then and now caters to Evergreen students. Delightful fun atmosphere.

Pros: Great veg pizza, Pleasant staff, Fun

Cons: Bathrooms need bit more frequent touchnt

Skip the slice - Edit

I love this place. Never had issues with staff, but there's a big difference between whole pizzas and by the slice. Ordered a slice and it tasted like it had been there a while. The whole pizzas though are a-freaking-mazing. Love the Nina

Searching for real food - Edit

I had a vegan calzone, which was good, and a limeade which was excellent since it was fresh squeezed. I liked the atmosphere there, but like in the previous review, the staff was not real friendly. That was a little off-putting for me. My husband had a slice of pepperoni pizza that he thought was average and an Olympia beer. I would have to think about going back there. You also have to clear your own table, which I don't mind. It's hard to find vegan food for me,since I have to go an hour from home, at least, unless I prepare it myself. "Clean" food is important to me.

Pros: relaxed atmosphere, vegan choices, fresh squeezed drinks

Cons: regular pizza average, too far away, prices a little high

Yummy but employees could use some people skills - Edit

Vic's can be good depending on what you're looking for. Their Vegan pizza by the slice is meh, but vegan calzones ($6-7) are amazing as well as vegan breadsticks ($4-5). The calzones will make at least two meals for the average person. My boyfriend and I like to buy an order of vegan breadsticks and eat them throughout the next two days. You will be waiting about 20 minutes if you order a calzone or box of breadsticks. The employees never seem too friendly. At all. Other than that is a nice place. Check out the dog pictures as you wait in line!

Pros: Vegan Calzone, Vegan Breadsticks, yummy

Cons: Staff

Return to Olympia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vic's Pizzeria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2372 times since Aug 2007.