Basil Leaf

Contact 360-943-8013

235 Division St NW, Olympia, Washington, USA, 98502

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant that also offers Vietnamese pho noodle. Offers vegetable and tofu dishes. Inexpensive lunch specials. Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by HaplessHeather

decent Thai food - Edit

Although its relatively easy to make any dish vegan (the restaurant owner says they don't use fish sauce at all), the peanut sauce has cow's milk in it, but not all the staff know that. Red and green curry are vegan, but they sneak cow's milk into other curries.

good food - Edit

We visit frequently because it's close but also because the flavor is good, too! Very friendly service, but can be a bit slow sometimes. I recommend!

Pros: vegetarian section of menu , big portion (worth the money), good flavor

Little Saigon has a new owner! - Edit

I went there and ate pad thai tofu on Wednesday. It was fantastic! The new owner introduced herself to everyone that were there. The customer service was very good and I had a pleasant time there. The food is a bit expensive but I thought the clean place to eat and the music that they play were worth it. I say there over 2 hours searching the web with my laptop while listen the music and no one kick me out.

Pros: customer service, awesome music, clean place to eat

Cons: I can't think of any

Not the most memorable Asian dining - Edit

If you are on the West side without transportation and craving Asian food, it's worth it. There are a few vegan options to choose from, and the wait staff knows what they are. I ate there at lunch, and the portions were medium sized, but the prices were high (around $9 a plate, which I consider high for lunch). The food was fine, but a bit bland. I will not visit this restaurant again, since Olympia has so many other options for vegan Asian food.

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive, Small portions, Bland food

Return to Olympia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Basil Leaf closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2486 times since Aug 2007.