VeStation Urban Organic Kitchen

Contact 818-784-8388

14435 Ventura Blvd (at Van Nuys Blvd), Sherman Oaks, California, USA, 91423

Modern Thai food restaurant with an all vegan food menu that includes raw salads, Thai salads, a variety of noodle, vegetable, and curry dishes. Offers a bargain weekday lunch menu. Uses fresh veggies and some healthy ingredients like buckwheat noodle and quinoa. Located inside Sherman Oaks Town Center Shopping Center strip mall by the Healthy Discount shop. Has parking lot. Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Thai, Take-out, Asian

First Review by gr8vegan

So good!!!! - Edit

This restaurant is a real gem. The place is nice and it's easy to park. I had a fusion noodles dish, which was delicious! My hubby went for the curry, served with brown rice. He loved it. We travelled all South East Asia so we know how good Thai food should be... And this GREAT Thai food! Super recommends!

Pros: great food, easy parking , nice staff

must try - Edit

This was a delivery --- I have not been to the actual location ---

Tonight's dinner brought to you by vestationkitchen and OMG it is so freaking good!!! We had been told to try this by James Lew's wonderful wife and I regret taking so long to try it -seriously everything was delicious!!!! I was so excited because I am house sitting so I was finally close enough for delivery which was only 1.50 charge!The quinoa sticks were so good the plumsauce is everything!! Those really filled me up but I had to try the " Royal pad thai" I had to get mine veryspicy with soychicken no scallions and OMG omg omg freaking amaze balls ! The flavors and spice and oh ya squeeze the lime- you will thank me! also there is so much - dinner tomorrow thank you!!! Now the dessert I really wanted mango sticky rice but they didn't have any and not only did vestation call me but so did eat24 to let me know they were out and to give me some options both places AMAZING SERVICE and the people who called were so polite and chipper!!! they talked me into trying the "golden crisp banana and coconut icecream " glad I didn't just skip dessert and I tried this it is soooo good!! The ice cream is the best I have had!!! All around A+, freaking amazing, delicious, filling , wonderful (insert all good words to describe food) ! I honestly believe this would be a huge game changer for the non vegans in your life - take them and change them 😁 all you wonderful vegans def go give them some love ! I can't wait to go to the place and/or order more and try everything !

Pros: fresh and delicious , delivers (eat24) , great service

Cons: doesn't deliver very far

Best Vegan Thai yet! :) - Edit

I was really taken back. Mostly Organic Thai! All VEGAN. And plenty of GF options. Customer service is excellent. I am always very welcomed and smiled at, and they remember me, despite not going in that often (due to distance I live away).
The food and service is so worth going there, let me emphasize that! There is one issue- their parking lot situatjon! A real issue! They know about this and suggested in the eve I go ahead and park in the 15 min parking space. They share a lot with a busy restaurant that has valet parking that takes up a lot of spaces. Also right on Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks so you can imagine.
Other than parking, fabulous. I wish the portions were just a tad larger but I usually get there side house salad (all organic) for only 3 bucks which helps fill me up too.

Don't skip this place; I hope you are as pleasantly surprised as I was :-)

Pros: VEGAN Thai! , Organic and GF options, Delish!

Cons: Parking lot :/

So good!!!! - Edit

Super cute little vegan hole in the wall in the valley. When I mentioned that I was hungry as I sat down and was hoping for something quickly there was a little twinkle in their eyes, clearly knowing that the speed at which their appetizers would appear approaches that of light. Incredibly tasty, eminently reasonably priced, very fast, great service. Wow. Will definitely be back!

Pros: All vegan , Incredibly good , Fast and very affordable

Cons: Only one location and its far from me :(

THE BEST THAI VEGAN - Edit

I'll say this again & again: this is the best vegan Thai restaurant out there!! Their Buddha Rolls are the BESTTT fresh rolls in LA, all their curries are amazing, the raw kale salad to die for, vegetable medley healthy light & delicious, I could eat their coconut soup forever, and their fried rices are top notch (my fave is the pineapple). You know you're eating at a clean restaurant with this one, SOOO good!!

Exceptional! A great find! - Edit

As others here have noted, VeStation is not your ordinary LA Thai veg*n joint. It's a few notches up in quality of ingredients and creativity. The usual Thai staples are on the menu, but so are several more inventive and uncommon dishes. But what really sets it apart from the pack is the quality of ingredients, with local organic veggies featuring prominently.

We very much enjoyed the soy satay, the drunken noodles, and the curry. They make a tasty vegan Thai iced tea as well (better without the ice, in our opinion).

Our server was extraordinarily warm and attentive, adding to a great experience.

If you're in the area, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Pros: Delicious, inventive, vegan Thai, Organic and healthy, Great service

Birthday Dinner - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here for my birthday dinner back in October. The place is small and cozy, and our waitress was very kind! The food was very yummy and fresh. I had quite a few dishes but the ones that seem to stand out most to me right now were the gyoza, soy satay, pad see ew. I can't forget the coconut juice which is served straight out of a coconut. Sooo to die for! At the end of our meal, 2 of the waitresses sang me happy birthday and gave me coconut ice cream which happens to be my favorite ice cream. Overall, I had a very pleasant experience and I would visit again. :)

Pros: kind waitress, fresh, tasty, and healthy food, comforting atmosphere

Cons: Didn't like flavor of soy steak

Yummy - Edit

had a lovely meal here. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating since I have certain dietary restrictions. Parking can be tough in the strip mall, but if you park in the lot behind the restaurant, across the street, it's just a short walk.

My only gripe is that I asked to make sure the roti did not have any oil, and they assured me it didn't, but it was rather greasy. Perhaps just a misunderstanding on their part.

4 of us were there and everything we had was delish, especially the soup.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, small but nice ambience

Fresh and delicious - Edit

It's a small, quiet place in a strip mall. My kids and I ordered 3 dishes and two appetizers and shared everything. All the food we ordered tasted freshly prepared and was cooked and seasoned perfectly. I will go back again next time I'm in the area.

Pros: Clean, tasted homemade, good-sized portions

Cons: a little pricey, small dining area

Flavorful - Edit

I went here for lunch recently. I circled the parking lot two times before parking across Moorpark St in the lot of a large shopping center.

My waitperson, Laura, gave attentive service.

They offer a lunch special from 11am-3pm Mon-Fri. The menu does not state that you can add a salad for $2.00 to the items you choose from the specials' list. I had the quinoa sticks, veggie dumplings and small salad; all were tasty and prices were reasonable. To me, it was just average; nothing really spectacular.

Their green sign was very noticeable, so it's easy to find. The restaurant itself is a bit small and basic. I am not really looking to go back there, but if in the area and hungry, will stop by.

Pros: Good service, Easy to find

Cons: Parking

Tasty Vegan Thai Food - Edit

Had heard about this place on HappyCow, and came by with a friend for lunch this week. Here's my VeStation restaurant review.

It's a nicely designed space that's modern with clean lines. The menu is mostly Thai food (all vegan) with some non-Thai ingredients like quinoa, buckwheat, and raw kale. It doesn't include the American veggie burgers & wraps offering that all the other Thai vegan places in the LA area offers.

From the menu my friend and I shared:
1. the fried quinoa sticks, which are fried spring rolls but with quinoa filling - tasty, $7
2. papaya salad, pretty good, not spicy (we would have like a bit more spicy), $9
3. the veggie tempura salad, which was fried pieces of assorted vegetable place on top of some baby greens and with a salted dressing poured over, yummy fried veggies, $10
4. the fusion spice noodle with faux beef (your choice of faux meat or tofu), which was tasty, a bit spicy, $12

Overall, the food presentation is colorful and attractive. The space is nice. The prices, though, seem a bit higher than what I would expect, but they do use organic veggies.

On weekdays, there is a lunch menu with lower prices, so it may be a good time to come for the bargain meals.

Pros: good menu variety, nice space, friendly service

Hidden Vegan Gem!! - Edit

This place is fairly new & tucked in a busy shopping center. It's definitely worth a stop. Their service is good, food is excellent. Perfect lunch w/quick service. I love the quinoa rolls & Buddha rolls on appetizer menu....

Pros: Tasty food, Good service, Quick service

Cons: Busy parking lot

Amazing new organic vegan restaurant! - Edit

Don't think this is another Thai restaurant, its clean/fresh and brand new. You can get lovely healthy rice/quinoa bowls. The soup was miso today and it was delishous and only $2one added to my vegetable medly bowl. Wondferful waitresses took my oil-free custom order to perfection. The thai iced tea was superb. Can't wait to come back! The produce is extremely high quality.

Pros: veggie, modern, new

Return to Sherman Oaks Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VeStation Urban Organic Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5219 times since Feb 2012.