First Review by Alecs91

I adore this place! - Edit

I regret that not more people visit this lovely restaurant. The food is tasty, delicate, not so expensive considering the area, and the owners will do everything to please you. I love their fresh spring rolls, their currys and soups. They always mix different type of rices and make nice drinks too. My personal Charlottenburg asian highlight !

Pros: super tasty food, almost 100% vegan, adorable staff, not so pricey!

Lovely Vietnamese food - Edit

We had a really good meal at The Velvet Leaf while in Berlin - starters, and a couple of types of curry.

All were fresh and tasty - and just what we needed.

The couple who run the restaurant are friendly and very helpful.

Recommended - we'd like to return if we go to Berlin again.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly helpful staff, Convenient location

Good, friendly place - Edit

There are not all that many purely vegetarian places in the Ku'damm-area, but this is very easy to get to. We went for a meal this weekend, and enjoyed it. They serve what would probably be called Asian fusion - a couple of curries, summer wraps, Japanese-inspired meals and such. Many ingredients are organic, which is great. We had the wraps, and two different curries. The wraps were good, the peanut sauce with the wraps was really good. The curries were fine, "Asian style", but unexceptional. The staff was friendly, and the place had a bit of a neighbourhood vibe. Absolutely recommended if you're in the area.

Pros: good location, many organic ingredients, friendly staff

хороший веганский ресторан - Edit

Решили заехать сюда, потому что любимая и проверенная Sala, что неподалёку, была закрыта на праздник. Милое, приятное место, кормят вкусно, порции огромные.
Мы взяли
1) тушёные овощи с тофу, имбирём и чёрной фасолью
2) жёлтое карри с тофу в кокосово-арахисовом соусе с манго, бататом и ещё чем-то))
Всё было вкусно, на 4.5 балла по 5-бальной шкале. За чуткое обслуживание поставил 5 звёзд.
Да, манго ласси был не очень, слишком мало манго и много молока. Зато девушка спросила какое молоко, соевое или обычное.

Pros: отличное обслуживание , большие порции

Cons: манго ласси жидковат

fresh asian-vegan food - everything homemade! - Edit

I do not write that often valuations, but I really want to recommend this little restaurant.
During my 4 days stay in Berlin, I visited 3 times after recommendation of a friend.
The food is exclusively vegan,fresh and free of glutamate, and they also go into special wishes if you have some. Vegetarian are only some drinks/coffeecreations with cow-milk, which could also be served with soymilk as wished.
The ambiente was very nice and they had a very friendly service which made you feel really comfortable :)
I really recommend the curry-variations, which are very light, but are very intense in flavour, compared to other restaurants.
prices are in general low.

Pros: fresh, glutamate-free, friendly service

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Velvet Leaf closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2010 times since May 2015.